The global animal nutrition market size is $16,139.3 million and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2018-2023. By nutrients Amino acids dominated the market generating over $6,411.2 million in revenues as of 2017 and is projected to further grow at a CAGR of 5.7% by 2018-2023. Poultry is projected to be the dominant species segment accounting for 37% share in 2017. Growing product innovations and awareness about the benefits of nutritional product coupled with stringent regulations on livestock industry surrounding animal health and product quality are the driving factors for animal nutrition market globally
What is Animal Nutrition?
Nutrition are essential substances that animal need in order to grow and stay healthy. Animal nutrition focuses on dietary needs of domesticated animals, primarily those in agriculture and food production. It plays a vital role in meeting the meat and milk production, reproduction and proper bone structures. Animals need the proper nutrition for various functions such as growth and maintenance, and production depends on factors which include type, genotype, class, size, physiological and age.
What are the major applications for Animal Nutrition?
Nutrition helps in maintaining the animals overall health, temperaments, and even thriftiness. Nutrients are mixed with feed as per the requirement of targeted animal and then blended to form compound feed. These are extremely important in growing, finishing, neonatal and breeding animals. It regulates key metabolic pathways and gene expression to improve immune function, feed efficiency, pregnancy outcome, neonatal survival, and meat quality.
The various end users assessed include farms, households, veterinarians, zoos, animal shelters and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Animal Nutrition
- Eubiotics are the alternate products used in place of antibiotic growth promoters, the main purpose is to maintain intestinal eubiosis which will result in good performance of farm animals and also improve their health status.
- Most modern livestock producers are depending on a computer algorithm known as “least-cost feed formulation.” These programs employ mathematical models and linear programming to consider the costs of various feed ingredients and optimize diet formulations to meet animals’ nutritional requirements in the most efficient manner and with lowest cost possible.
- Innovations in animal nutrition have produced proteins such as enzymes that improve the digestibility of various feed ingredients, thereby increasing nutrient availability and reducing batch-to-batch variability. A natural enzyme feed additive distributed by Bio Resource International, increases the digestibility of protein in animal feed.
- Digital nutrition techniques aid to capture more margin for every ton of product produced. It helps to measure, validate and record performance of animals and help achieve their full potential.
Who are the Major Players in Animal Nutrition market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Cargill, The DOW chemical, Jubilant life sciences, DSM, BASF SE, Archer daniels midland company, Dupont, Altech, Kemin industries, Adisseo France SAS, Evonik industries, Novozymes, Royal DSM, Neutreco N.V., Tata chemicals.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.