Cattle Feed Market Overview:
Since the inception of biotechnology, it has paved the way for mankind towards admission in numerous untouched horizons. Drifting through its prism, numerous sectors have evolved in terms of their principal role of existence. Leveraging this stride, the cattle feed market has progressed from being a mere source of nutrition to an intricate domain developing improved cattle feed additives in accordance with nutrient content, digestibility, efficient nutritional livestock yields, and cattle feed appropriate for region and season in order to meet the requirement of animals. The demand for milk and meat is increasing in most part of the world and hence the farmers are now more concerned over the health and yield of the cattle which in turn is serving the global cattle feed market growth. The abundant potential has driven this arcade to reach a staggering market size of $16 - $17 billion as of 2018.
Cattle Feed Market Outlook:
Meat to meet global food demand-
The International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science and Technology for Development (IAASTD) has addressed the global meat consumption to be pacing up with an impeccable 120% from 2000-2050. This has raised the demand for higher yields of cattle for efficient production of meat products, hence progressing the cattle feed market at a global compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% during the forecast period of 2019-2025. Cattle feed contains grains, brans, cakes, mineral mixtures, and vitamins as a source of protein, energy, minerals and vitamins. Additives loaded with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, acidifiers, antibiotics, and antioxidants boost the yielding capacity of cattle.
Daily dairy demand-
Cattle feed market demand is not limited to the consumption of meat products. Other prominent sector positively impacting the animal feed market is the global dairy industry. As per the International Dairy Federation, consumption of dairy products is expected to increase by 25% between 2015 and 2024, therefore dairy operations to match their production with unprecedented demand is augmenting the application of amino acids and subsequently disrupting the cattle feed market in dairy cattle segment. Globally, there are around 150 million small-scale dairy households. Hence, under the types of animal segment of the cattle feed market, dairy cattle holds the apex spot. Owing to the rampant pace of dairy products demand, dairy cattle is estimated to be progressing at an application CAGR of 2.5% going through 2025.
After an acute analysis of the regional aspects, APAC is reckoned to be the dominating region with 45% of cattle feed market global demand settling under its territory. Such dominance can be attributed to several factors such as the increasing population of cattle as a consequence of increasing meat consumption trends among the urban middle-classes in densely populated economies of India and China with nearly 35% of global population. Improving health awareness among individuals is creating demand for livestock-based proteins such as milk, egg and meat.
Several supporting facts by Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairy (INDIA):
· 23 % of agricultural households reported livestock as their principal source of income.
· As per 19th Livestock census, there are 88 million In-Milk animals.
· India holds the 1st rank among the global milk producing nations since 1998 with the largest bovine population globally.
· 176.4 million tonnes of milk production was recorded in 2017-2018, an increment of 6.65% from the preceding year.
To support and maintain the sheer affluence of its dairy sector, Indian livestock sector is a major employer of cattle feed products propelling the market towards robust growth.
Cattle Feed Market Trends and Growth Drivers:
· The acceptance of non-vegetarian diet can be indicated by the fact that KFC, the world’s most popular chicken restaurant chain is now operating in 135 countries with more than 22,000 restaurants globally. Increasing disposable income among the population has instigated dietary changes such as eating more protein and meat. International Feed Industry Federation has estimated that protein production of bovine type in 2050 will reach 107.5 million metric tons increasing by 62% compared to 2010. Limited livestock sector to meet the unlimited bovine meat-based protein demand is relying on cattle feed for efficient quality and quantity production.
· UN Population Division released a periodic report for 2017 stating the number of children below 15 years to be 1.9 billion, constituting a major 27% of the world population. The demand for dairy milk, feeding such population is a major factor towards converging cattle feed market with efficient cattle milk production globally. Milk is not limited as a major protein source for children, even young adults, adults and geriatric population is heavily occupied with milk-based food products. For instance. Whey protein (milk is made of two proteins, casein and whey) is a major phenomenon among gym-going individuals.
· Increasing vegan population is hindering the sales of meat and meat based protein. Vegetarian population is mounting terrifically each year, yet it stands out as a minute minority section. And its tendency to overcome the majority meat-eating population seems impossible. However, cattle feed market is all set to exploit and capitalize upon the rising vegan population owing to the demands for dairy based products such as cheese, milk and butter for a vegetarian diet.
· Release of funds by governmental bodies and organization towards the agricultural sector is financially aiding the cattle farmers with purchasing power for better cattle feeds. The World Bank Group is a leading global financier of agriculture, it had $6.8 billion in IBRD/IDA commitments in 2018.
· In the near future, nutrigenomic approaches will become standard for understanding both nutritional and environmental factors hindering production efficiency and welfare. Different feed formulations will be designed based on forms of feed will be designed by targeting genes involved in animal growth rate, disease prevention and meat quality. The results obtained from these studies will identify anti-nutritional activity and define novel feeding strategies that will improve milk and meat production.
Cattle Feed Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players dominating the global cattle feed market are Applegate Livestock Equipment Inc, Provita Eurotech Ltd, Beijing Goke Agriculture Machinary Co. Ltd., J.R Simplot Company, Van Aarsen International, National Farms, V. H. Group, Royal DSM N.V., Caprock, BASF SE, ADM, ContiBeef LLC.
Cattle Feed Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the cattle feed market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the various additives in cattle feed market, and their specific advantages.
Cattle Feed Market Report: Industry Coverage
By Ingredients: Grains, Brans, Others
By Additives: Vitamins, Antibiotics, Others
By End user: Feed, Fodder, others
The Cattle Feed Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Cattle Feed Market Report
1. Is the market for the cattle feed growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 for cattle feed market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future cattle feed during the forecast 2019–2025
• Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.