The estimated CAGR of herbicide market is 7.8% from 2018 to 2023.Herbicide market is driven by adopting better farming practices as well as increasing the yield of production .Glyphosate is the most used chemical throughout the world as it works of maximum types of weed. Europe is the major market for herbicide.
What is Herbicide?
Herbicide is toxic substance, used to get rid of unwanted vegetation. It eliminates weed and reduce the manual labor. Herbicide reduce the growth of unwanted weed and enhance the growth of desired crop. Herbicides also prevents soil erosion as well as water loss. Herbicides are classified on basis of various parameters such as time of application, molecular structure, formulation, chemical nature etc.
What are application of Herbicide?
Herbicide is mostly used pesticide. It is very important to choose correct type and method of herbicide to treat the vegetation. There are various ways to apply the herbicide such as back pack sprayer, boom sprayer, aerial spraying, misting, blanket wiping, rope wick application and weed picking etc.
Major usage of herbicide is done in agriculture. It is very important for cereal and pulses. Herbicide is also in maintain landscaping. It plays important role in preventing grass lands free from broad leaf vegetation. Herbicides are used by landowners to maintain their park and farms also. It is majorly used by government for maintaining lawns free from unwanted plants. It is also used in golf courses to keep it away from undesired grass or plants.
Herbicides are used in forest to achieve the desired productivity of large trees and inhibiting the growth of undesired plant.
Market Research and Market Trends of Herbicide:
- Researchers are still in the process of developing bio herbicides, that is organic as well as it will control the herbicide resistance weed also. Bio herbicide may be sourced from plants or micro- organism and is synthetic compound. It will kill or inhibit the growth of herbicide resistant vegetation.
- Bayer crop science has developed a chemical which could control the invasive plants like cheatgrass. They are originated from Europe and Asia now found in the United States also. They grow faster than native species and suppress the growth. More than 80 trails of this chemical is done. Use of this product can reduce the mowing from three times in a year to two or one time in a year
- DOW a leading player introduced a new herbicide opensky. Opensky protects wheat and durum field from broad leaf such as kochia and grasses. It is revolutionizing the market. With opensky farmers will have rotational freedom to grow high value plants. It is easy in handling as suspo-emulsion formulation. But it is not registered in all country for sale.
Major Players in Herbicide Market
Major Herbicide’s manufacturing companies are Bayer, Syngenta, BASF, DOW Agro sciences and Monsanto and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2022.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.