Surfactants Market Overview:
According to the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), the global oil demand was valued to be 86.5 Mb/d in 2015, and due to the population growth and the increase in the number of vehicles foreseen in the future, the demand for oil is estimated to grow with an annual rate of 0.6% pa through to 2040 which translates to the requirement of a whopping 100.7 Mb/d in 2040, which will largely propel the enhanced oil recovery (EOR) across the globe. Now, this process makes use of surfactants, which is leading to the surfactants market growth, and the market already had a value of around $35.426 billion as of 2018 according to the findings by IndustryARC’s market analyst. Furthermore, the analyst estimates the demand in the surfactants market to grow at a CAGR of 5.38% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025.
India is the largest generic drugs provider in the world with a constantly growing pharmaceutical industry. Moreover, India is also one of the leading oil manufacturing countries across the globe. Additionally, China observes a significant per capita expenditure in the pharmaceutical sector. In general, APAC is a continuously growing region in agriculture, oil & gas, and textile sector where surfactants are used, which makes the region lead the surfactants market with a major share of 37% as of 2018 according to the analyst.
Surfactants Market Outlook:
Surfactants are compounds that are used in detergents, wetting agents, emulsifiers, foaming agents, and dispersants in order to lower the surface tension. Surfactants find applications in a gamut of industries that range from pharmaceutical, oil & gas, food & beverages, and agriculture. However, their maximum application is in detergent manufacture units as foaming agents.
“The growing demand for detergents owing to the discernible amplifying sales of washing machine across the globe coupled with the fact that there is no substantial alternative to surfactants for reducing the surface tension and foaming agents will relentlessly support the surfactant application in the detergent manufacturing units,” remarks the market analyst in the surfactants market research report. Furthermore, the market expert estimates the application CAGR of surfactants in detergents to be around 2.5% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025.
Surfactants Market Growth Drivers:
- The Growth of Food & Beverages Industry –
The growing population and changing lifestyle has created a need to suffice the food necessities of the people, and the food and beverages industry is responding with innovative products. Now, surfactants are used as emulsifiers which are essential for the creation and stabilization of the structure in food. Moreover, with the growing awareness about healthy food, people are preferring organic food which is leading to a demand for bio-surfactants which have high biodegradability, lower toxicity, and activity at extreme temperatures. These reasons are collective aiding to an increase in the demand for surfactants in the food & beverages industry, and thus, there is an upsurge in the surfactants market size.
- The Application of Surfactants in the Personal Care Sector –
According to the United Nations, the number of older people over 60 years of age were 962 million in 2017, and the figure is going to be doubled by 2050. These aged people suffer from normal geriatric conditions like hair-fall for which largely supports the hair care market and skin deterioration which leads to the sales of skin care products. This is coupled with the growing disposable income of the people in developed and developing countries which is again leading to demand growth in the personal care sector. Now, these personal care products make use of surfactants because they are good surface active agents which is creating a huge surfactants marketplace.
- The Booming Agriculture Industry Bolstering the Surfactants Market Growth –
While the agriculture industry is stroking the insecticide market, it is largely supporting the surfactants market as the product is used in herbicides as a wetting agent. Herbicides are widely used to kill weeds in the farms by farmers across the globe which creates a constant need of surfactants in the agricultural sector, which is again creating a revenue avenue for the vendors in the surfactants market.
Surfactants Market Challenges:
Owing to the prevalent use of surfactants across various industries, the major challenge faced by the vendors in the surfactant market is meeting the growing demands of the customers in terms of scale and complexity amidst the economic pressure and regulations that limit the production. However, the sustainable development program by the United Nations is supporting the manufacturing industries which will open the floodgates in the surfactant market.
Surfactants Market Key Players Perspective:
The key players striving to capitalize on the demand influx in the surfactants market are BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Stepan Company, Evonik Industries AG, Kao Corporation, The Proctor & Gamble Company, Clariant, and Lion Specialty Chemicals Co, Ltd.
Surfactants Market Trends:
- In June 2017, Stephan had announced an agreement to acquire a surfactant producing facility and a portion of its associated surfactant business in Mexico. This acquisition was attributed to the company’s vision to position itself in the Latin American surfactants market.
- The trend of natural cosmetics has driven innovations in the surfactants market. The vendors will be using mild surfactants for formulating personal care products, emulsifiers, and solubilizers.
Surfactants Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the surfactants market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of surfactants market, and their specific applications in the personal Care, food & beverages, oilfield chemicals, agriculture, textile, and other sectors.
Surfactants Market Report: Industry Coverage
The report analyses the product demands by the type of product - anionic, non-ionic, cationic, amphoteric, and others.
The surfactants market report also analyzes the major geographic regions as well as the major countries in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Surfactants Market Report
1. Is the market for Surfactantss growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of Surfactantss presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of Herbicides application in different countries?
7. Which are the major relevant product segments within Herbicides?
8. Which type of segment will witness heavy adoption in the near future?
9. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
11. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
12. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
13. What are the recent innovations in the market?
14. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
15. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
16. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of Surfactants?
17. What is our Vision 2030 Surfactants Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future Surfactants products during the forecast 2018–2023
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures