Real Time Location System (RTLS) is a technology that is used to automatically identify and locate objects, assets or individuals in real time. The goal of RTLS is to continuously track location of the targets. The major applications of RTLS in the sports industry include asset tracking, player training tracking and player in game tracking. The RTLS market generated revenue of $586.9m in the sports industry in 2016. This market is estimated to grow at a high CAGR of 15.1% during the forecast period.
What is RTLS?
RTLS in Sports are opted for tracking the objects, things, person among others in real time. RTLS are basically embedded in navigation systems for tracking the location. Presently, RTLS usage in limited to indoor areas of applications owing to low range, however, adoption of RTLS in outdoor applications is growing and will be a key role in future.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of RTLS in Sports market by technology, application by geography and others. Real time location system is finding a lot of application in the sports sector. Player in game tracking in particular is forecast to witness significant growth. RTLS is used to track player’s performance in sports industry. It helps in capturing the players speed, distance and position which would help in easy coaching and evaluation of players. It also plays a vital role in knowing the change in performance of the player with a statistics by comparing their previous records. In game player tracking will drive the RTLS market as the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.5% throughout the forecast period.
What are the major applications for RTLS in Sports?
The major application of RTLS in sports sector include in game player tracking, player training tracking, asset tracking among others. In game player tracking application is the dominant market for RTLS in sport sector followed by player training tracking. In game tracking results in rich visual experience to the spectators and also offers accurate tracking of each and every player. Player tracking is a new technology opted in sports arena for tracking players during game timing. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi based active RFID RTLS are the main technologies opted in RTLS for sports sector. Key companies for in game player tracking RTLS includes Gaming Tickets Inc., Acres 4.0, Entertainment Innovations and others. Asset tracking RTLS is increasing with a CAGR of 7.62% during 2018 and 2025. Some of the software companies which manufacture the assets are Wasp Asset Software, Wise Track Core Asset Tracking Software and many more. The future growth of tracking is huge owing to advancement of M2M technologies are creating opportunities for the market.
Market Research and Market Trends of RTLS in Sports Ecosystem
- RTLS prices has shown decline in recent years and is anticipated to fall in next few years. Falling prices has resulted in growing adoption of RTLS systems as customers overcome their price sensitivity. The price sensitivity of customers has hindered the market and thus the declining prices is projected to propel the market.
- Wearable’s devices are beneficial for measuring the performance of various sports activities. RTLS are suitable for measuring diverse level of personal metrics such as acceleration, carrying a football, running among others.
- Smart wearable is poised to affect the way any game is played by professionals with improved tracking and data collection capabilities. The wearable technology is developing with improved technology of data gathering, reliability, navigation and many more. Market players of wearable such as adidas, fitbit, iHealth, blast motion. Performance watches, sensors, wearable attire technology are brining immense changes in sports sector, driving the growth of RTLS market in the industry
- Entry of players such as Zebra Technologies, Quupa and Plus location systems has resulted in increased awareness regarding RTLS. The growing applications and efficiency of RTLS has also resulted in increased awareness regarding RTLS. This has led to increased penetration in APAC region driving the growth of RTLS in sports market.
- Analytics with software implementation offers diverse features to the sports market. Software provides features such as automated alerts and notifications, data representations and many more. RTLS software facilities asset tracking such as tracking balls in stadium among others. These software reduces need for manual and labor intensive processes, hence increasing the adoption of RTLS in sport market.
Who are the Major Players in RTLS in Sports Market?
The major companies in the RTLS sports market include Statsports (U.K), Quuppa (Finland), Zebra Technologies (U.S), Catapult Sports (Australia) and ChyronHego Corporation (U.S). The RTLS companies have concentrated on agreements with end user companies for wide distribution network to improve sales of their products in fast growing markets in APAC and South America with Zebra Technologies in particular leading the way.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.