Silicone Market Overview:
Plural Profitable Properties-
Silicone are high-performance specialty polymers consisting of siloxane. They are produced via reaction between and methyl chloride and treating the reaction-product with water. It is engulfed with peculiar profitable traits such as low thermal conductivity, low chemical reactivity, low toxicity, thermal stability, water repelling forming watertight seals, adheres very well with glass, microbiological growth resistance, resistance to oxygen, ozone, and ultraviolet (UV) light, electrical insulation properties, and high gas permeability. Owing to such properties it has found tremendous scope of applications in several flourishing industries including automotive, coatings, construction and electronics. As per the IndustryARC business intelligence report, the global silicone market offered opportunities worth around $15 billion during 2018.
Silicone Market Outlook:
APAC Opportunities Fashioning Demand-
After an acute analysis of the silicone market outlook, the business analyst in this research report has tracked the global market proceedings to be progressing at a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period of 2019-2025. Further analytical developments states the transportation sector including automotive, marine and aviation to be the leading segment developing with a CAGR of around 5% going through 2025.
In the robustly growing and rapidly innovating automotive sector silicone grease are applied as lubricants for brake, also to insulate automotive spark plug wires preventing sparks, silicone sheets in manufacturing gaskets for automotive engines and silicone rubber as coatings and sealants for airbags. As per the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, Indian automotive industry (including component manufacturing) is expected to reach $ 251.4-282.8 billion by 2026. Such economic progression in the automotive sector is all set to propel its adjacent sectors and silicone market being an inevitable part of automotive production chain will surely capitalize on this epidemic movement.
Some of the other areas of application includes segments such as industrial, electronics, machinery, construction and medical. Fibre reinforced polymer panels, fiberglass, reinforced plastics made up of polymers finds tremendous scope of application in construction sector. In building and construction, silicone sealants, adhesives and coatings enhances efficiency and longevity to construction ingredients aiding the operations to be economical. Silicone adhesives are applied to bond various constituents such as concrete, glass, granite, steel and plastics. As per the Institute of Civil Engineers report directed by Oxford Economics, the volume of construction production will grow by 85% to $15.5 trillion globally by 2030, with two countries from APAC including China and India and the U.S leading the way and accounting for 57% of all global growth.
Thus, after an acute analysis of the aforementioned data and a critical study of silicone regional market aspects, APAC region is estimated to dominate the market size with more than 35% of global demand being diverted to its revenue pockets. Such dominance can be attributed to the flourishing automotive and construction sector catering 35% of global population residing in the region. The region has also witnessed a considerable surge in the disposable income of its habitats.
Silicone Market Trends:
- Advanced architecture are the need of the modern construction era. Aesthetically appeasing glass frontages or arched and suspended structures and skyscrapers are filling the modern infrastructural setting. Silicone sealants safeguards materials employed in such complex design to stay glued and manage tension and movement from natural calamities such as wind or earthquakes.
- Preferences drawing towards ecological operations and eco-friendly products are disrupting the silicone market. Silicones are extensively replacing plastic, as they are more ocean-friendly and highly durable. As per the Plastic Oceans, nearly 300 million tons of plastic are produced every year and silicone being replacing such a commodity is a forecast symbol for silicon market affluence.
Silicone Market Players Perspective:
Some of the key players profiled in this research report operating in the silicone market are Allergan, Inc., Berkshire Hathaway,Inc., 3M company and Gelest Incorp.
Gelest Inc. is one of the global front-runner and trendsetter in materials science and technology. Gelest manufactures silane, silicone and metal-organic compounds. The company hosted the 48th Silicon Symposium on 2017 in Philadelphia, PA. To cater its European customers for specialty materials the company acquired a warehouse and logistics center in Frankfurt's Industriepark Griesheim, Germany. As per the company, the purchase will also expand opportunities in Europe for Gelest's silicone products in the specialty coatings and instrumentation markets.
Silicone Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Silicone Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of products in the Silicone Market, and their specific applications in different phases of operations.
Silicone Market Report: Industry Coverage
By Type: Fluids, Elastomers, Resins, Gels,
By End-User: Industrial, Electronics, Machinery, Aerospace, Medical,
By Application: Vehicles & Binders, Elastomeric Components, Surfactants, Conditioning agents
The Silicone Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Silicone Market Report
1. Is the market for Silicones growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of Silicones presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of Herbicides application in different countries?
7. Which are the major relevant product segments within Herbicides?
8. Which type of segment will witness heavy adoption in the near future?
9. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
11. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
12. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
13. What are the recent innovations in the market?
14. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
15. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
16. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of Silicone?
17. What is our Vision 2030 Silicone Market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future silicone products during the forecast 2018–2023
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The Silicone Market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017/2018.
The Silicone Market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The Silicone Market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The Silicone Market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The Silicone Market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Silicone Market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Silicone Market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
The Silicone Market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
The Silicone Market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.