The global 3D-Camera Market is estimated to surpass $9.54 billion mark by 2023 growing at an estimated CAGR of more than 14.89% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. Surging demand of 3D enrich content from entertainment industry and enhancement in 3D scanning technology are proliferating the demand of 3d camera in the market. Consumer electronics hold the largest market share of 46% in the end-user segment. Moreover, the automated operations in industries such as food and beverages, chemicals etc. started integrating 3D cameras with robotics arms which will further fuel the market for 3D cameras in future.
What is 3D-Camera?
A 3D camera is primarily used to capture three-dimensional view of an environment. It enables the perception of depth in images to replicate three dimensions as experienced through human binocular vision. A person can visualize the environment easily if he has a three-dimensional view of an image which help in analyzing numerous scenarios. The 3D camera captures objects and scenes in their spatial dimensions. When compared to laser scanners it does not require moving components and is robust and wear-free. It measures the distance between the sensor and the nearest surface point by point using the time-of-flight principle.
What are the major applications for 3D-Camera?
3D camera helps in depth imaging to capture visuals like the human eye. It offers accurate data for various applications such as retail analytics, people counting and others. 3D cameras are used for general photography, gaming, healthcare and others. It has various industrial applications such as factory automation for optimization of production process, 3D dimensioning, scanning and inspection. It is used in autonomous vehicles for navigation and obstacle avoidance. Used in logistics for stacking of boxes and pallets, volume measurements, labelling, shelf organization, carton sorting and routing.
Market Research and Market Trends of 3D-Camera
- HP released a new 3D Camera which was designed for 3D designers, digital fine artists, game developers and CG artists, and it works with the Sprout Pro G2, attaching to a computer display to capture and digitize 3D objects, 2D documents, and live video. HP describes the 3D camera as allowing for a more immersive and human experience through live sharing, it brings into view the desk, hands, etc. to complement the webcam and screen sharing.
- In March 2018, Leica Camera announced an alliance with Pmdtechnologies Ag, to develop a depth-sensing camera for smartphones. With the agreement, the two companies will work together to create a 3D-sensing camera for smartphones while reducing the size of the lens. Time-of-flight cameras are also said to have enhanced capabilities in facial ID, augmented reality, and even scanning 3D objects.
- Emergence of 360 degree selfie camera is one of the pioneering discoveries for the upcoming advanced technology league. Most 360 cameras are launched for the purpose of capturing a complete image with particularly no dimensionality. It also provides virtual reality solutions and are also capable of recording more pixels and present a video which is high in resolution.
- A high-tech system including 3D cameras could help UK farmers to recognize the early warning signs of tail biting in pigs. Tail biting is a health and welfare concern in affected pigs and a notable economic concern for industry, tail bite leads to reduce weight gain, culling and carcass condemnation. This technology is capable of predicting future victims and so offers opportunities to update and include information within our selection strategies to reduce the occurrence of tail-biting in future.
Who are the Major Players in 3D-Camera market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Cannon, Fujifilm, Nikon, GoPro Inc., Eastman Kodak Co, Panasonic corporation, Sony corporation, Faro technologies, Matterport Inc., Lytro Inc., Panasonic Corporation, LG.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.