The global security screening market generated a revenue of $8269.13 million in 2017 and is expected to rise with a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period 2018-2023. The security screening X-ray system generated a revenue of $1643.8 million and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during 2018-2023. X-ray system would continue to dominate the market followed by body scanner and explosive trace detector. The increase in threat from terrorist activities, tightening security policies at transportation terminals and emergence of high speed sensors are propelling the security screening market.
What are Security Screening?
Security systems involve an electronic, visual, or manual inspection of persons, vehicles, packages, and containers for the purpose of detecting the possession of illegal, prohibited, or other dangerous items into a secure area within a facility. Security screening systems have been assisting in threat recognition to safeguard people, airports and any public events against evolving threats such as terrorism, trafficking of people, arms and some others. The different types of security screening are explosive trace detectors, body X-ray scanners, biometric technology, biometric systems, electromagnetic detector and explosive trace detector. However, advanced imaging technologies which use either millimeter waves or x-rays are available such as full-body Security Scanners, advanced imaging technology and other security screening systems.
What are the applications of Security?
Security systems are mainly being employed to safeguard their citizens in various locations including airports, railways, borders, tourist attractions and others which are highly vulnerable to terrorist acts, illegal activities such as drug trading and others have been boosting the market growth of these systems. Security screening is process of examining people before allowing access to a secure areas such as airports, court houses, prisons, or museums. Security screening electronic products are used to detect concealed weapons, explosives or other contraband without requiring physical contact between the security screener and the person being screened.
Market Research and Market Trends of Security Screening:
- Due to the advancement in technology, smart technology is employed in security screening systems. Companies are focusing on the development of lie detectors using artificial intelligence. This technology is being developed to check on the travellers before crossing the borders. It involves the use of eye-detection software along with an array of sensors to indicate whether a person is lying based on the physiological signs. Once it becomes suspicious, it can flag the passenger for further inspection.
- The traditional X-ray systems lack clear images which posed a problem to detect any illegal items carried in the airport and shipping sectors. In order to improve the security and safety, several technologies are being developed that deliver sharp and more revealing images than traditional X-ray screening technology. This multi parameter detection technology can be used to detect threats, material classification, dual energy imaging, and the ability to manipulate and enhance images.
- In the recent years, the security technology market has been booming and thus companies are pursuing new technologies such as development of web-based applications that support higher operational availability of our equipment, reduction in the size of equipment to promote flexibility and mobility. This would in turn provide better detection capabilities, increased system uptime, and decreased overall lifecycle costs.
- As some of the existing technologies have difficulties in detection of threats, the companies are focusing on a new approach known as Nuclear Quadrapole Resonance (NQR). This technology can detect explosives embedded in electronics which are hidden under layers of clothing and shoes. This technology is considered for deployment in international airports of America followed by Europe.
Who are the Major Players in
The sample companies referred in the market research report are OSI Systems Inc. (U.S.), Smith Detection Inc. (U.K.), Safran Identity and Security SAS (France), L-3 Communication Holding Inc. (U.S.) and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.