are defined as organic compounds containing a formyl group. Aldehydes can be classified into formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, butyraldehyde, benzaldehyde, propionaldehyde, tolualdehyde, furfural and others. Properties and characteristics of aldehydes differs based on the remainder of the molecule apart other than just the formyl family group. Applications of each of the aldehydes differs depending on the containing chemicals. Aldehydes are primarily used in medical, industrial, food applications. On the industrial front, aldehydes are majorly used as precursor to various other chemicals such as acids, alcohols, resins etc. Formaldehyde is the largest and most commonly available segment of the formaldehyde group. Applications in producing resins is the major growth drivers of the formaldehyde coupled with increasing consumption in producing chemicals such as 1-4, butanediol.
This report identifies the aldehydes market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to aldehydes treatment market.
Globally demand for aldehydes is expected to witness growth in the upcoming future due to consumption in end-use industries to produce agricultural urea and medical application. Asia-Pacific represents the highest market share in the global aldehydes followed by Europe and North America with the second and third highest market share amongst all the major regions. Demand for aldehydes is expected to grow fastest in the Asia-Pacific region driven by increasing demand for urea and growing consumption in the medical applications in the region.This report on aldehydes has been divided based on aldehydes type and application, which is segmented as
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Global Aldehydes Market, By Product Type: Acetaldehyde, Benzaldehyde, Butyraldehyde, Formaldehyde, Propionaldehyde, Tolualdehyde, Others (Cinnamaldehyde, Vanillin, dialdehydes, Furfural)
- Based on applications Global Aldehydes Market, By Application: Medical Disinfectants, Pharmaceutical, Plastic Additives, Dyes, Agrochemicals, Industrial Applications, Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
- Celanese Corporation
- Huntsman Corporation
- BASF SE
- Georgia Pacific Corporation
- Simalin Chemicals Industries Limited