An infrared detector is a detector that reacts to infrared radiation (IR) using cooled and uncooled technology which can be used for various security warning systems. Globally infrared device market is expected to witness a significant growth driven by increasing applications in people and motion sensor at various retail and departmental shops and public places such as airports, and railway stations, and commercial areas. The IR detector market is segmented in type, where thermal detector and photo detectors are the two primary types increasingly used.
This report identifies the global infrared detector market size for the year 2015-2018, and forecast of the same for year 2023. It also highlights the market potential growth, market drivers, restraints, market current and future trends, growth indicators, challenges, opportunities with impact analysis, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to infrared detector market in the coming years.
Global Infrared detector market, Asia-Pacific held the largest market share in 2017, followed by North America second largest important regional markets for infrared detectors in 2017. Asia-Pacific is witnessed to continue in attaining leading shares during the forecast period of study due to increasing applications of IR detectors in temperature measurement, military and defence, and industrial applications.
This report segments global infrared detector market on the basis of type, technology and application as follows:
- On the basis of types of infrared detectors this report on global infrared detector market is segmented as: Indium Gallium Arsenide (Ingaas), Pyroelectric using crystal, ceramic, thin film or CMOS, Thermopiles, Microbolometers, thermal detector, photo detector and Others
- This report also segments global infrared detector market on the basis of technology, which included major segments as: Cooled IR Detector Technology and Uncooled IR Detector Technology
- On the basis of applications of infrared detectors this market research report on global infrared detector market is segmented as: People & Motion Detection System, Temperature Measurement System (Low-end temperature measurement systems, High-end temperature measurement systems), Gas & Fire Detection System, Smart Buildings IR Systems, Spectroscopy & Bio Medical Imaging and Others.
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for infrared detectors in each of the region.
Sample companies profiled in this report are:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Nippon Ceramic Co., Ltd.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Excelitas Technologies Corp.