A Thermoelectric generator
, or TEG is a solid state device that converts heat to electrical energy through the Seebeck effect. These generators do not feature any moving parts and are fully silent unlike the traditional heat engines. Increasing demand for vehicles with improved fuel economy and stringent government legislations which limits the carbon emissions are some of the key drivers responsible the growth of this market. However, high cost of thermoelectric materials and lack of technological expertise may hamper the growth of thermoelectric generators market. At present, they are used in small applications due to their cost effective, simple, compact and scalable nature of operation. Their usage has also been featured in new applications of energy generation by thermoelectric harvesting. The new applications are diverse segment such as industrial and terrestrial applications. In addition, increasing automobile manufacturing, and rising demand for cleaner energy will create new opportunities for global thermoelectric generator market
This report identifies the global thermoelectric generator market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to thermoelectric generator market.
Geographically, North America dominated the global thermoelectric generator market, and Asia-Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to growth in automobile production. Among all the application areas, automotive is projected to be the high growth segment for this market owing to growth in automotive production.This report segments global thermoelectric generator market on the basis of end-use, temperature, wattage, source, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the global thermoelectric generator market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Thermoelectric Generator Market, by End-Use: Automobile, Aerospace & Defence, Industrial, Self-Powered Sensor, and Others
- Thermoelectric Generator Market, by Temperature: <80, 80 – 500, and >500
- Thermoelectric Generator Market, by Wattage: <10 W, 10W – 1 kW, and >1kW
- Thermoelectric Generator Market, by Source: Bismuth Telluride, Lead Telluride, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Gentherm, Inc.
- Ii-Vi Incorporated
- Ferrotec Corporation
- Laird Plc
- Komatsu Corporation