Hand Sanitizer Market Trends and Drivers:
- Increasing usage of online portals to provide home care tips regarding hand hygiene and their benefits to residential customers are driving the growth of hand sanitizer market revenue.
- The introduction of fragrances or perfumes in hand sanitizers; which gives pleasant incense to the hands and keeps the hand hygiene is propelling the hand sanitizer market.
- Increase in the adoption of aerosol spray sanitizers in various end-uses such as gyms, fitness centers, yoga centers, and other health and wellness centers has bolstered the demand for hand sanitizers.
- The focus on constant novelties in the formulations and dispenser designs such as touch less dispensers is helping leading vendors of the hand sanitizer market to create new revenue.
- Growing usage of hand sanitizer in the prevention of norovirus transmission. It is the most common cause of gastroenteritis infection in the world, with 685 million cases each year.
- Establishment of sanitizers at schools is resulting the reduction in health issues such as rhinorrhea, diarrhea, vomiting, and cough. Notably, this trend was not observed in soap intervention schools which in turns leads to the growth of the hand sanitizer market.
Hand Sanitizer Market: Competitive Analysis
The major players operating in the hand sanitizer market are Proctor & Gamble, Reckitt Benckiser Group, The Himalaya group, Henkel Corporation, Unilever, The Dial Corporation, 3M Co., Gojo industry, Unilever PLC. , Chattem Inc., and Best Sanitizers, Inc.
Unilever is a global company selling fast moving consumer goods. Globally, Unilever brands such as Axe, Lifebuoy, Cornetto, Dove, Lipton, and others are used by 2.5 billion people everyday. Its Lifebuoy brand offers has introduced a colour changing hand sanitizer to make hand washing fun for children. The unique liquid hand wash changes from white to green colour in just 10 seconds and also delivers 99.9% germ protection.
Unilever has signed an agreement to acquire Horlicks and health food drinks portfolio from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) in India, Bangladesh and other 20 predominant Asian markets. The transaction consists of 82% stake in GSK Bangladesh Limited, and other commercial operations and assets outside India.
Since 1995, Best Sanitizers, Inc. has been providing the food processing, and healthcare industries with the highest quality products. It is the first company to achieve E3 rating for an alcohol based hand sanitizer. It offers different type of hand sanitizers such as Aplet E3 Plus Hand Sanitizer Spray, Aplet E3 Hand Sanitizer Spray, and Smart-San Hand Sanitizer. Aplet E3 Plus Hand Sanitizer Spray kills 99.9999% of 26 tested pathogens in 15 seconds and it is formulated with moisturizers to keep hands soft and healthy.
Hand sanitizer is an antiseptic liquid, which is used to hinder the spread of microorganisms and other harmful bacteria such as salmonella, clostridium, and bacillus on hands. Increasing usage of online portals to provide homecare tips and decreasing infectious agents are the factors driving the growth of the hand sanitizer market. Growing usage of hand sanitizer in the prevention of norovirus transmission is creating new revenue avenue for the players operating in the hand sanitizer market.