is a flammable, waxy, and transparent with a pleasant odor, produced from distillation of wood and bark of the camphor tree which is predominantly found in Asia. In addition to its natural origin, camphor can also be produced synthetically from turpentine oil. Globally, rising demand for camphor ointments used for treating chest congestion, growth in food industry owing to growing population, and increasing demand from the pharmaceutical industry are the prime growth drivers of camphor market. In addition, on-going research and development activities to develop the new application scope for camphor and rising population in emerging economies such as China, India and others will create new opportunities for camphor market. However, camphor being price sensitive market and excessive consumption being hazardous to human health are the key restraints for camphor market.
This report identifies the global camphor market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global camphor market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated camphor market, and is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing population and rising disposable income, and growing use of camphor tablets in religious rituals in this region. Asia Pacific is the market leader in the consumption and production of camphor. Among all the end-users, pharmaceuticals segment has the highest market share in camphor market. Camphor is used in treatment of cough, congestion and skin infections, and for easing pain in joints and swelling among others.This report segments camphor market on the basis of form, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Camphor Market, By Form: Powder Camphor, Oil Camphor, and Tablets Camphor
- The report has focused study on camphor market by basis of end-user industry such as: Pharmaceuticals, Food, Agriculture, Chemicals, and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the camphor market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Apt Exim
- Beijing Herbal Health Biotech LLC
- Camphor & Allied Products Ltd.
- Jadran Galenski Laboratorij