also known by many other names such as tetrachloromethane is a clear, colorless, non-flammable and very stable chlorinated hydrocarbon. Carbon tetrachloride is a very good solvent and being a non-polar compound, it readily dissolves with other non-polar compounds such as oil, fat and iodine. It is manufactured as a by-product of methane chlorination. Carbon tetrachloride molecules contains only one carbon atom which is surrounded by four chloride atoms. It is tetrahydral in shape and is highly symmetrical. Increasing applications in various end-use industries is expected to drive the demand for carbon tetrachloride during the period of study.
This report identifies the
carbon tetrachloride market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to carbon tetrachloride market.
Globally Asia-Pacific dominated the market for carbon tetrachloride in 2015 due to higher consumption in the end-use application industries and increasing population needs. Also Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market due to growing number of end-use industries in the region along with increasing consumption many emerging economies such as Taiwan, Indonesia and Malaysia. Asia-Pacific is expected to continue its domination during the period of study and was followed by North America and Europe as the second and third largest markets respectively in 2015. Demand for the carbon tetrachloride in these two region is expected to remain sluggish during the period of study due to strict regulations by U.S. environment protection agency.
This report on global carbon tetrachloride also covers different type end-use application carbon tetrachloride and market size in various geographical regions.
- On the basis of end-use applications, this report on carbon tetrachloride is segmented as follows covering all major end-use applications: Pharmaceuticals, Agrochemicals, Solvents, Blowing Agents and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for carbon tetrachloride in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the global carbon tetrachloride market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- INEOS Group Holdings S.A.