is an alkaloid isolated from catharanthus roseus, a potent medicinal plant. This plant is useful for many of the pharmacological reactions such as antimicrobial, antioxidant and antidiabetic effect amongst others. Catheranthine, when isolated can be used as a preliminary material for the synthesis of the anti-tumour drugs vinblastine and vincristine. Catharanthine stimulates the release of amylase from pancreatic fragments and causes extensive degranulation of pancreatic acinar cells. Increasing applications and demand from pharmaceuticals industry is expected to be the major driving factor for catharanthine during the period of study.
This report identifies the catharanthine market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to catharanthine market.
Globally North America dominated the market for catharanthine in 2015 due to huge demand from pharmaceutical industry in the region. U.S. dominated the North American catharanthine market due to high number of pharmaceutical companies in the nation. North America followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets respectively in 2015. However Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market due to the rapid growth of pharmaceutical industry in emerging economies such as India and China.
This report on global catharanthine also covers different product type of catharanthine available in the market, end-use industry and market size in various geographical regions.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the global catharanthine market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- On the basis of catharanthine product types, this report is classified as follows covering all the major product types of catharanthine: Catharanthine sulfate, Catharanthine tartrate and Others
- On the basis of end-use industry, this report on catharanthine is segmented as follows covering all major end-use industry: Food & beverage, Pharmaceutical and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for catharanthine in each of the region.
- Shanghai Kangai Biological Product Co.Ltd.
- AK Scientific Inc
- Stanford Chemicals
- Hainan Yueyang Biotech Co Ltd
- Cayman Chemicals