The ever increasing gold prices led to the transition of replacing gold with copper bond wires in semiconductor devices. Copper wire bonded ICs begin to be adopted in production consumer grade ICs in 2009 & 2010. Nowadays, copper wire bonded ICs have started being used in harsh environment applications, by replacing complex ICs, owing to process optimization. Globally, rising gold prices, growing global consumer electronics industry, and increasing adoption in automotive industry are the prime growth drivers of global copper wire bonding ICs market. In addition, growing consumer electronics and automotive industry in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global copper wire bonding ICs market. However, complex production process requiring improved designs and equipment, and lack of reliability for harsh environment applications and long life are the key restraints for global copper wire bonding ICs market.
This report identifies the
global copper wire bonding ICs market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global copper wire bonding ICs market.
Geographically North America dominated global copper wire bonding ICs market, and Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing mobile user, consumer electronics and growing automotive industry in this region. Among all the end-users, consumer electronics segment has the highest market share in global copper wire bonding ICs market.
This report segments global copper wire bonding ICs market on the basis of bond type, packaging technology, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Copper Wire Bonding ICs Market, By Bond Type: Ball-Ball Bonds, Wedge-Wedge Bonds, and Ball-Wedge Bonds
- Copper Wire Bonding ICs Market, By Packaging Technology: Small Outline Package (SOP), Grid Array (GA), Quad Flat No-Leads (QFN) Package, Dual Flat No-Leads (Dfn) Package, Quad Flat Package (QFP), Dual In-Line Package (DIP), and Others
- The report has focused study on copper wire bonding ICs market by basis of end-user such as: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Aviation, Defence, Infrastructure, and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the copper wire bonding ICs market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- Cirrus Logic Inc.
- Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc.
- Integrated Silicon Solution Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG