Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
is a common non-invasive treatment for kidney stones and ureter stones. The lithotriptor applies external high-intensity acoustic pulse to crush the stone causing minimal damage to the normal tissue. The shock waves break the stones into small fragments. ESWL is currently used by physician worldwide due to characteristics such as non-invasiveness, reduced pain and recovery time and reduced hospital stay. With advancements in health care infrastructure by and availability of technically developed equipment to carry out the procedure are the vital drivers for the extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy market. Moreover, the rising prevalence and incidences of kidney stones and ureter stones are expected to fuel the extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy market in near future. Additionally, the rising prevalence of obesity and patient awareness about the latest technological advancements will be a prime factor that will be contributing to the growth of the market. However, failure of crushing large stones through ESWL is the challenging factor for the extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy market.
This report identifies the
global extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy market.
Geographically North America dominated global extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy market, and Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to significant investment in medical device, technology research and development, improvisation of the infrastructure, favourable insurance policies, and rising lifestyle changes in this region
This report segments global extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy market on the basis of technique, by application, by end user and by region are as follows:
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy Market, by Technique: Electrohydraulic, Electromagnetic, and Piezoelectric
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy Market, by Application: Kidney Stones, Uretic Stones, Pancreatic Stones, and Salivary Stones
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy Market, by End-User: Hospitals, Clinics, Radiology labs, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- C.R. Bard Inc.
- Lumenis LTD
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens AG