can be defined as an internal inflammation of the eye. The condition involves the middle layers of the eye, also called the uveal tract or uvea. The uvea includes the iris (colored part of the eye), choroid (a thin membrane containing many blood vessels), and the ciliary body (the part of the eye that joins these together). Uveitis is caused due to infection with a virus, fungus, bacteria, parasite, inflammatory disease affecting other parts of the body, or injury to the eye. Globally increasing aging population coupled with increasing the registered instances of eye disorders are expected to be the key growth drivers for uveitis treatment.
This report identifies the uveitis treatment market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to uveitis treatment market.
Globally North America dominated the market for uveitis treatment in 2015 due to high patient awareness levels about eye disorders and advanced healthcare infrastructure in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets respectively for Uveitis treatment in 2015. Demand for Uveitis treatment in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth in the near future due to increasing aging population, government initiatives to curb eye disorders in the region coupled with increasing awareness and developing medical infrastructure in the region. This report on global uveitis treatment is segmented on the basis of various types of uveitis disease, treatment type and market size in various geographical regions.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the global uveitis treatment market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- On the basis of types of uveitis disease this report classified as follows covering all major types of uveitis as follows: Anterior uveitis (Acute Anterior uveitis), Posterior uveitis, Intermediate uveitis and Panuveitis
- On the basis of available treatment for uveitis, this report is segmented as follows covering all the major type of available treatment: Anti-inflammatory Medicines, Antibiotic or antiviral medicines and Immunosuppressive medicines
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for uveitis treatment in each of the region.
- Amdipharm Mercury Company Limited
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals AG
- Santen pharmaceuticals
- Allergan, Inc.
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated