Cancer can be defined as an abnormal division of cells in an uncontrollable fashion. This uncontrollable division of cells starts with a single cell which grows and multiplies to form the malignant tumor in the body. It requires multiple treatments like radiation therapy, surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, etc. Sometimes tumor markers, substances produced by cancer cells, are capable to diagnose cancer with the help of other tests like biopsies, biomarker testing (testing of body’s molecules), etc. but not alone. Some examples of cancer types are mesothelioma, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, etc. Globally increasing instances of deaths due to cancer and people with cancer coupled with increasing awareness and developing healthcare infrastructure is expected to drive the demand for cancer diagnostics market during the period of study.
This report identifies via acute analysis the cancer diagnostics market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for the year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, market value chain, restraints, growth indicators, dynamic market trends, challenges, market dynamics, future outlook, competitive landscape, market insights and other key aspects with respect to cancer diagnostics market.
Globally accumulated data states that North America dominated the market for cancer diagnostics in 2015 due to higher usage of the latest and advanced technologies for treatment, high awareness and reported instances of cancer in the region coupled with easy access and highly developed healthcare infrastructure. North America is forecasted to continue its domination during the period of study and was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets respectively in 2015. However Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market due to technological advancement in the field of medical science, increasing medical tourism, and rapidly developing healthcare infrastructure in the region coupled with increasing awareness about cancer in the region.
This report on cancer diagnostics also covers a different type of cancer diagnostics product available, various cancer treated and market size in various geographical regions.
- On the basis of type of cancer diagnostics product available, this report classified as follows covering all major types of cancer diagnostics product available in the market: Next-generation Sequencing, Microarrays, PCR, Flow Cytometry, In situ Hybridization, Immunohistochemistry, Imaging Instruments (MRI, CT, PET, Ultrasound, Mammography), Biopsy. Tumor markers are a naturally occurring form of diagnosis.
- On the basis of cancer treated with cancer diagnostics, this report covers all major cancer treated using cancer diagnostics: Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Lung cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Melanoma cancer (skin cancer), Blood Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Liver Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, and Others. Among these Lung cancers is the most lethal and aggressive form of cancer.
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes a detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for cancer diagnostics in each of the regions.
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- GE Healthcare (A Subsidiary of General Electric Company)
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- Siemens Healthcare