is greenish-yellow gas with a strong pungent smell. Chlorine is one of the most important commercially available chemical which finds its applications in all major industries. Naturally chlorine is in gaseous form but turns into solid at -103°C (-153°F) and into liquid at -34°C (-29°F). Globally increasing necessity to purify water and surging consumption in bleaching applications is expected to drive the demand for chlorine during the period of study.
This report identifies the chlorine market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to chlorine market.
Globally Asia-Pacific dominated the market for chlorine in 2015 with China being the largest chlorine product consumer in the region as well as globally. Asia-Pacific is expected to continue its domination during the period of study and is expected to witness fastest growth during the period of study. Asia-Pacific was followed by Europe and North America as the second and third largest markets respectively in 2015.This report on chlorine also covers different type production methods of chlorine, applications and, end-use industries and market size in various geographical regions.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the chlorine market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The report covers major type of chlorine production methods, some of the major production methods commercially used are as follows: Mercury Cell Process, Membrane Cell Process, Diaphragm Process and Others
- On the basis of applications of chlorine, this report on global chlorine market is segmented as below covering all major applications as follows: Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) / Polyvinyl Chloride PVC, C1/C2, Aromatics, Chemicals (Organic and Inorganic), Chlorinated Intermediaries , Isocyanates, Propylene Oxide, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment and Others
- This report also covers all the major end-use industries using chlorine for wide range of applications, some of the major end-use industries covered in this report are as follows: Water Treatment industry, Pharmaceutical industry, Chemical Industry, Paper and pulp Industry, Plastic Industry, Pesticides industry and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for Chlorine in each of the region.
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Ineos Group Limited
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- Akzonobel NV