The Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing Market (SFCS) was found to be in R&D phase from 2015. The market is estimated to commercialize in 2018 generating a revenue of $21.1 million and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 35.3% during 2019-2023. The various technologies used in SFCS include surface capacitance, projected capacitance, self-capacitance and mutual capacitance. The surface capacitance is anticipated to generate maximum revenue in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 33.90%. The adoption of touch interface in smartphones and laptops is significantly contributing to the growth of swept frequency capacitive sensing market. The application of swept frequency capacitive sensing in automotive industry for safety and security purposes is another factor which is driving the market.
What is Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing?
Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing (SFCS) can infuse gesture sensitivity and touch into a variety of analogue and digital objects. It has the ability to detect touch events and also recognize complex configurations of the hands and body. SFCS has wide range of applications from conventional touchscreens to unique contexts and materials, including the human body and liquids. Devices involving Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing are safe, less expensive, consume low power and are compact in size. These devices can be easily embedded or attached anywhere touch and gesture sensitivity is desired.
What are the applications of Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing?
Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing has wide range of applications in Smartphones, Laptops, Tablets, Wearable Devices, Interactive Monitors, Touch Based Human Machine Interface, Digital Signage and others. Swept frequency capacitive sensing has been widely used in almost all the smartphones. A large number of laptops have touch functions along with the hard keyboard keys. The automotive sector has also started employing touch interface for driver’s safety. It has been employed in many of their models with the aid of haptic technology. Based on the requirement, swept frequency capacitive sensing is applied to different applications like finger print detection and drivers’ safety.
Market Research and Market Trends of Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing:
- Safety is one of the major concerns while driving. Many companies are focusing on developing a smart steering wheel that uses swept frequency capacity sensing technique for drowsiness detection, driving technique improvements, and for customization of the driving settings. Hence, the demand for SFCS in automotive industry is continuously rising.
- Several women experience sexual violence around the world. In order to bring down the number, companies are manufacturing new devices for women safety. The latest trend is the manufacturing of miniaturized, portable and user friendly devices along with the use of swept frequency capacity sensing technique. This technology will be of great use to safeguard the women as it can distinguish the intruder’s touch of forceful grab from the normal sense of touch.
- SFCS has a wide scope in healthcare as the demand for sensor based wearable devices is rising. Companies are trying to incorporate SFCS in devices such as wristband and chest patch to monitor skin hydration and other health parameters. This noninvasive, low‐cost, wearable, and wireless system has potentials to help detect dehydration among athletes, military personnel and the elderly people. This provides insight into athletic performance and other physiological parameters, assist the cosmetic scientists for the development of moisturizers, and benefit the diagnosis of skin diseases.
Who are the Major Players in Swept Frequency Capacitive Sensing Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Analog Devices, Inc. (U.S.), Cirque Corporation (U.S.), Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (U.S.), Infineon Technologies AG (Germany), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland) and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.