With the onset of the Internet, the European and American markets were the first to capitalize on the growth and the technology, which was made available. The proliferation of the internet took place soon in the APAC region and it wasn’t long before the entire globe was connected. Following this, the next level of development in terms of Internet penetration across individual countries across the globe. Many countries have almost 100 percent internet penetration and are now looking at providing faster and better services. With Internet infrastructure in place in almost all countries, it can be easily understood why the output of the number of connected consumer electronic devise has increased exponentially over the last two to three years. A very important aspect for each of these connected devices is the wireless communication chipset in each and every one of them.
Depending on the type of device, there are a number of different chipsets, which can be employed for each of these devices as well as a different technology on which they are based. The cost of these chipsets differ depending on the type of product for which they are being integrated as well as for the type of wireless communication technology that is employed.
In terms of regional contribution as on date, the APAC region will be the highest contributor considering the number of end-point devices, which are present in the area. Further to this, the region is also expected to post the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
The Wireless communication chipsets Market can be segmented as
- on the basis of WLAN Chipsets
- In terms of display chipsets
- In terms of WiMax Chipsets
- In terms of form factor
- System on Chip and IC-based products
- In terms of special chipsets
- WLAN, Wireless Display, WiMax and LTE, Mobile Chipsets and ZigBee
- In terms of application
- Desktop PCs, Laptops, Netbooks, Tablet PCs, Smartphones, Media Players, Set-top-boxes, and Industrial Automation Applications
- By Geography
- North America, South America, APAC, Europe, Middle East and Africa
Following are just a few of the companies that are operating in the Wireless communication chipsets market.
- Altair Semiconductor, Inc.,
- Amimon Ltd.,
- Atmel Corporation
- Broadcom Corporation
- Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.