Expandable Polystyrene (EPS)
is a rigid cellular thermoplastic resin that contains an expanding agent and is found in a multitude of shapes and applications. It is used for fish boxes, packaging for electrical consumer goods, for insulation panels for building and other applications. Globally, growing construction and packaging industries, benefits of Polystyrene such as low weight, durability, moisture resistance, thermal efficiency, shock absorption, versatility and ease of use, and rise in the demand for processed foods are the prime growth drivers of expandable polystyrene market. In addition, increase in adoption of expandable polystyrene for newer applications, and emerging economies such as China, India and others will create new opportunities for expandable polystyrene market. However, fluctuating prices of crude oil and threat of high-performance substitutes such as polypropylene and polyethylene are the key restraints for the expandable polystyrene market.
This report identifies the
global expandable polystyrene market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape and other key aspects with respect to global expandable polystyrene market.
Geographically, North America dominates the expandable polystyrene market and Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing demand of packaging in the food & beverages and electronics industry in developing countries such as China and India in this region. Among all the end-users, packaging has the highest market share in expandable polystyrene market.
This report segments expandable polystyrene market on the basis of product, end-user and regional market as follows:
- Expandable Polystyrene Market, By Product: White Expanded Polystyrene, Grey Expanded Polystyrene and Silver Expanded Polystyrene
- The report has focused study on expandable polystyrene market by basis of end-user industry such as: Building & Construction, Packaging, Automotive, Aerospace and Defence, Food Industry, Electronics and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the expandable polystyrene market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- ACH Foam Technologies, LLC
- Ineos Styrenics International SA
- Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V.
- Sunpor Kunststoff GmbH