Fatty Acid Market Overview
The global fatty acid market size, as of 2018, stood at around $20 billion to $24 billion, offering plenty of opportunities for able players. And, the analyst has projected the market value to increase at a positive CAGR of around 7.1% to 7.7% through the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. As per the research report, the North American region grabbed the largest market share in the global fatty acids market in 2018, generating a colossal share of nearly 55% to 58% of the overall demands. Nevertheless, other geographical locations have also shown gradual growth in the demands for fatty acid products, and the market is flourishing all around the world. Among applications, the product omega-3 fatty acids grabs the largest demands increasing at an unprecedented CAGR of 55% to 60% during the aforementioned forecast period. However, fatty acid also have an extensive array of other applications including healthcare, personal home care, and food and beverages industry.
Fatty Acid Market Outlook
Fatty acid is a carboxylic acid with a long aliphatic chain which is either unsaturated or saturated. Fatty acids are found in mainly three classes of esters termed as phospholipids, cholesterol esters, and triglycerides. These are generally classified by their lengths into short-chain fatty acids (SCFA), medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA), long-chain fatty acids (LCFA), and very long chain fatty acids (VLCFA). Some of the common sources of fatty acids are vegetable oils, nuts & seeds, and animal fats.
Fatty Acid Market Growth Drivers
- The major growth driver in the fatty acids market are the health benefits associated with it. Research and developments in the sector depicted that the certain levels of molecular intake of omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids proved to be healthy for cognitive functions. Increasing awareness towards a healthy lifestyle among the people is subjected to increase demands in the global fatty acids market.
- According to American Diabetes Association, consumption of fatty acids can improve the metabolism and regulation of insulin-sensitization fibroblast among the diabetic patients. And the consistently escalating diabetes in citizens is projected to induce demands in the fatty acids market.
Fatty Acid Market Trends
Omega-3 manufacturers Royal DSM and Evonik teamed up to locate the commercial-scale production facility for their omega-3 fatty acids manufacturing facilities using natural marine algae to produce animal nutrition in Nebraska and Blair. Both the companies agreed on $200 million deal for the development of the facility shared equally among them.
Fatty Acid Market Challenges
The intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids are known to reduce the risks of chronic disease such as cancer, arthritis, and heart disease. Deficiency of n-3 LCPUFAs in food products is viewed as an alternative for intake of these fatty acids. However, the high instability of such fatty acids to oxidation deterioration with n-3 LCPUFAs has been challenging for the manufacturers of fatty acids.
Key Players in the Fatty Acid Market
Some of the other pioneering companies in the fatty acid marketplace are BASF SE, FMC Corporation, The Dow Chemical Company, Koninklijke DSM NV, Enzymotec Ltd., Croda International Plc, Omega Protein Corporation, Aker BioMarine AS, Polaris Nutritional Lipids, and Cargill Incorporated.
Fatty Acid Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the fatty acid market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of fatty acid market, and their specific applications in different types of industries..
Fatty Acid Market Report: Industry Coverage
Types of Fatty Acids:
By Bond: Unsaturated Fatty Acid and Saturated Fatty Acid
By Length of Chain: Short-chain fatty acids (SCFA), Medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA), Long-chain fatty acids (LCFA) and Very long chain fatty acids (VLCFA)
The fatty acid market report also analyzes the major geographic regions as well as the major countries in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Fatty Acid Market Report
1. Is the market for fatty acid growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of fatty acid presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 in fatty acids market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
- Explore the regional sales activities
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future global fatty acid during the forecast 2018–2023
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures