Emollients are the key ingredients of cosmetics and personal care products. Used as a source to replenish and soothe the skin, fatty acids are the revolutionary emollients and emulsifiers in the cosmetics industry. Fatty acids are a type of carboxylic acid used as an ingredient in varied skin-care goods such as creams, lotions, shampoos, and lipsticks, and also utilized as a dietary supplement in the pharmaceutical industry. Generally obtained from vegetable oils, nuts and seeds, and animal fats, fatty acid esters such as triglycerides, phospholipids, and cholesterol esters are widely used as skin hydration and thickening agents in cosmetics. According to the Global Wellness Institute, personal care, beauty, and anti-aging market accounted for $1.083 billion in 2017. Owing to increasing demand for grooming products, and growing awareness about the organic products, the global fatty acid market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Shifting trends in beauty and cosmetic care industry is acquiring lucrative deals for the natural, chemical free products. Fatty acid supply-demand chain is driven by the key regions such as the U.S., APAC, Africa, and others. APAC accounted for the largest regional share of 55% and the global market value of fatty acid crossed $21 billion in 2018. Increasing population in APAC directly influences the opportunities for cosmetics and personal care market. The cosmetic industry in China propelled exceedingly and eased at an annual growth rate of 12.3% in 2018. As per the study of IndustryARC’s experts, the cosmetic and personal care is the fastest growing segment and will experience an application CAGR of 5% through to 2025. This statistical growth of the beauty care market determines the global fatty acid market growth in the APAC region.
The world population is anticipated to reach 8.5 billion by 2030 associated with increasing consumption rate globally. Rising demand for sustainable bio-products such as soaps, food emulsifiers, surface cleanser, detergents, fertilizers, cosmetics, paints, and skin cares have boosted the rising fatty acid market demand for industrial, commercial, and consumer utilization.
Two vital poly-unsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are prominent in the healthcare industry owing to diverse health benefits. Used as drugs and dietary supplements, PUFAs potential efficiency in the treatment coronary disease, kidney and lung disorder, blood pressure, and others account for the medical prowess of fatty acids.
Fatty acids are naturally occurring and has negligible limitations in its application in several industries. The most common challenge that fatty acid market is exposed to includes the fishy smell on ingesting fatty acid derivatives’ dietary supplements and drugs. Furthermore, as per the report analysis of IndustryARC, n-3 LCPUFAs deficiency is overwhelming in Western diets. Whereas, intake of these fatty acids has been a challenge to the global market owing to its oxidation deterioration. This has come up as a major concern to the food scientists and technological experts. This challenge can be combated by the addition of artificial odor eliminators that are commonly used in industrial setups in the current scenario.
The leading companies of the global fatty acid market are BASF, Eastman Chemical, Colgate Palmolive Ltd, Wujiang Jinyu Lanolin Co. Ltd., Behn Meyer Holding AG, FMC Corporation, The DOW Chemical Company, Croda International Plc, Omega Protein Corporation, FairChem, and many others.
Omega Protein Corporation is the U.S. based company delivering omega-3, food supplements, and nutraceuticals to the end-users for enriching cooking, baking and dairy products. Croda International Plc is a British chemical company specializing in various products such as adhesive, beauty and personal care, dietary supplements, oleo chemicals, and others. Utilizing sustainable energy resources to manufacture these products they offer diverse range of fatty acids including distilled and polymerized fatty acids, stearic fatty acids and many more.
Fatty acid are often used as phase change materials (PCM) for thermal energy storage owing to its high extent of latent heat capacity. PCMs find place in building ceilings and walls and also in cold and heat storages, it stores heat or cold simultaneously as the temperature rises or falls in the surrounding. They are widely applied due to their cost-effectiveness and being abundant in nature.
Omega fatty acids are found abundantly in fish oils and is a vital ingredient for human body. With a wide range of benefits, Omega-3 fatty acids and Omega-6 fatty acids are used as dietary supplements for enhancing heart health, lungs, eyes, and overall immune system. Growing health awareness is compelling people to accept these into their lifestyle, which is disrupting the market.
The base year of the
study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough
analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of
the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These
provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence
and help them understand the future of the fatty acid market. The assessment
includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market
shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market
drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and
restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period.
This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also
detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus
include the types of fatty acid
The fatty acid market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
• North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
• South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
• Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
• APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
• Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
1. Is the market for Fatty Acid growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of segment presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market?
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 Fatty Acid market?
• Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
• Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
• Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
• Explore the regional sales activities
• Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future Fatty Acid market during the forecast 2019–2025
• Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.