Technological development in the field of energy storage is driving the market for flexible batteries. Flexible batteries are the batteries which are developed specifically for flexibility. As compared to traditional batteries, these batteries are designed to be lightweight, flexible and feature in multiple applications such as smartphones, tablets and wearable devices. These applications demand lightweight batteries which can satisfy the increasing demand for power. The flexible battery market is fuelled by the growth of its application markets such as smartphones, wearable devices and others.
Other benefits of flexible batteries include longevity, safety and flexible technology. The flexible batteries utilize polymers in their construction along with an improvement in the conductivity. This enables them to be stretched and rolled as per need of the device application. However, the increased technological complexity warrants a high initial investment which may act as a restraint for the market.
Stacking flexible battery one over the other multiplies the voltage range and is best suited for devices with limited space. The demand for flexible battery has increased presently owing to advancement in technology with respect to portable electronic devices.
This report identifies the global Flexible Battery market size for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to the Flexible Battery market.
Asia Pacific is estimated to witness the highest growth in the flexible battery market owing to increasing penetration of portable devices among a huge population base.
This report segments Flexible Battery market on the basis of technology, chargeability, application and regional market as follows:
- Flexible Battery Market, by Technology: Thin-film Li-ion, Flexible Lithium Polymer, Printed, Curved, and Paper Battery
- Flexible Battery Market, by Chargeability: Chargeable and Non-Chargeable
- Flexible Battery Market, by Application: Packaging, Smart Card, and Wearable Electronics
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V.
- Enfucell OY Ltd.
- Paper Battery Co. Inc.
1. Flexible Battery Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Flexible Battery Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Flexible Battery Market–Forces
4.1.1. Increasing Demand for Thin Electronic Devices
4.2.1. High Investment
4.3.1. Wearable Electronics
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Flexible Battery Market, By Technology
5.1. Thin-film Li-ion
5.2. Flexible Lithium Polymer
5.5. Paper Battery
6. Flexible Battery Market, By Application
6.2. Smart Card
6.3. Wearable Electronics
7. Flexible Battery Market, By Chargeability
8. Flexible Battery Market, By Geography
8.1.7. Rest of Europe
8.2. Asia Pacific
8.2.4. South Korea
8.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3. North America
8.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
8.4.2. Rest of RoW
9. Flexible Battery – Market Entropy
9.2. Technological Developments
9.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
9.4. Supply- Contract
10. Company Profiles(By - Introduction, Financials, Key Insights, Key Strategy, Product Portfolio, SWOT Analysis)
10.1. LG Chem Ltd.
10.2. Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.
10.3. Stmicroelectronics N.V.
10.4. Enfucell OY Ltd.
10.5. Paper Battery Co. Inc.
10.6. Ultralife Corporation
10.7. Blue Spark Technologies, Inc.
10.8. Guangzhou Fullriver Battery New Technology Co. Ltd.
10.9. Rocket Electric Co., Ltd.
10.10. Brightvolt, Inc.
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
11.3. Research Methodology
11.5. Compilation of Expert Insights