Flocculation is the process in which individual particles of a suspension form aggregates. It is used to describe the action of polymeric materials which form bridges between individual particles. Flocculants consist of various molecular weight anionic, non-ionic and cationic polymers. They are used to increase the efficiency of settling, filtration, clarification and centrifugation operations. They carry active groups with a charge which will counterbalance the charge of the particles.
Flocculants adsorb on particles and cause destabilization either by bridging or charge neutralization.
Globally, increasing number of waste water treatment projects and rising demand for clean and potable water in emerging economies are the prime growth drivers of flocculants market. However, stringent regulations on use of chemicals in water treatment are the key restraint for flocculants market. The major growth opportunity for the flocculants market is the Increasing demand from power generation industry.
This report identifies the global
flocculants market size in for the year 2014-2016 and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape and other key aspects with respect to flocculants Market.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific dominates the Flocculants Market and is projected to have the fastest growth. Asia-Pacific had the largest market in 2015 among all regions and the chemical processing industry is expected to be the largest between 2016 and 2022.
This report segments flocculants market on the basis of type, by end-use industry and regional market as follows:
- Flocculants Market, by type: Synthetic, Natural and Mineral
- Flocculants Market, by end-use industry: Chemical Processing, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region. The major countries considered under the Asia-Pacific region are India, China, South Korea and Japan. The major countries considered under the European region are Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain and Russia. The major countries considered under the North American region are United States, Canada and Mexico.
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Severn Trent Services
- 3F Chimica Americas
- AquaTerra Technologies LLC
- Process Wastewater Technologies LLC
- Filter Tech Systems, Inc.