can be defined as the treatment of a disease by modifying, replacing, or supplementing a genetic combination that is absent or abnormal and is responsible for causing causing the disease. Gene therapy has emerged as one of the most sought after research objectives in order to cure incurable diseases. Globally increasing instances of HIV, Cancer and other difficult to cure diseases is driving the demand for gene therapy.
This report identifies the gene therapy market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to gene therapy market.
Globally, North America dominates the market for gene therapy in 2015 with highest market share due to higher research and development activities by pharmaceutical industry in the region. North America was followed by Asia-Pacific as the second largest regional market for gene therapy due to higher faster growing pharma industry which is investing heavily in research and development activities for advanced treatment. Asia-Pacific is also expected to remain the fastest growing regional segment during the period of study due to increasing presence of global giants from pharma industry in the region.This report on gene therapy covers different type of gene therapy developments, applications of gene therapy in curing diseases and market size in various geographical regions.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the gene therapy market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The report covers also cover gene therapy market developments from the development phase perspective as follows: Phase I, Phase II, Phase III
- On the basis of applications of gene therapy, this report also covers all the major applications of gene therapy in curing major diseases, some of the major diseases covered in this report are as follows: Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Genetic Disorders, Cardiovascular Disorders, Diabetes Mellitus, Neurological Disorders and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for gene therapy in each of the region.
- American Gene Technologies International
- Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation
- Asklepios BioPharmaceutical
- AnGes MG
- Urigen Pharmaceuticals