can be defined as a type of chemical generally used by farmers to kill insects, like those that have infested a house or a farmer's crops and also includes ovicides, larvicides used against insect eggs & larvae, respectively to avoid crop damage. Selective insecticides kill specific targets while leaving the desired crop relatively unharmed. Globally increasing food demand and shrinking arable land has resulted into higher demand for the insecticides globally in order to produce more crops per hectare and meet the ever growing food demand.
This report identifies the insecticides market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to insecticides products market.
Globally Asia-Pacific dominated the market for insecticides market in 2015 with highest market share due to higher consumption of fertilizers and agro chemicals in the regional agricultural practices also larger threat of crop damage by insects and fewer regulation. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America and Europe as the second and third largest regional market respectively, for insecticides consumption globally. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to be fastest growing regional segment during the period of study due to growing food demand and higher necessity to increase yield per hectare in the region.
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- This report on global insecticides covers different insecticides types and also classifies the global insecticides market based on the crop types and market size in various geographical regions.
- On the basis of types of the insecticides, this report is segmented into six major segments as follows: Organophosphorus Compounds, Pyrethroids, Neonicotinoidsn Methyl Carbamate, Macrocyclic Lactones, Phenylpyrazoles, Benzoylureas and others
- This reports is also classified on the basis of crop types for which the insecticides are being used, some of the major crop types considered in this report are as follows: Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for insecticides in each of the region.
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Company
- Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd.
- Bayer Cropscience AG
- Dow Chemical Company
- Makhteshim Agan Industries