is generally a term used for a group of diseases related to abdomen. Such infections are one of the most common causes of causalities and deaths across the globe and includes infections such as peritonitis, intra-abdominal abscess, diverticulitis, appendicitis, food poisoning and pelvic inflammatory disease apart from this post-surgical infections are a major cause of intra-abdominal infections. Symptoms of intra-abdominal infections may vary depending on the anatomical location of infection and includes common symptoms like abdominal pain, chills, diarrhea, nausea, lack of appetite, fever, rectal tenderness and vomiting.
This report identifies the intra-abdominal infection market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to intra-abdominal infection market.
Globally North America dominated the market for intra-abdominal infection in 2015 with highest market share due to higher easy access to the treatments and awareness amongst citizen coupled with developed medical and healthcare establishment in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest regional market respectively, for intra-abdominal infection. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to be fastest growing regional segment during the period of study due to fast growing healthcare setup in the region especially in India and China along with growing awareness about the available treatments in the region.
- This report on global intra-abdominal infection covers different type of causing agents of intra-abdominal infection, diagnosis methods, available drug types and market size in various geographical regions.
- On the basis of causing agents of the intra-abdominal infection, this report is segmented into six major segments as follows: E. coli, Streptococci, Enterococci, Klebsiella, Pseudomonas, H. pylori
- This reports is also classified on the basis of diagnosis method of intra-abdominal infection, based on this global intra-abdominal infection market is classified into four major segments as follows: Blood Tests, Abdominal X-Ray, Computed Tomography (Ct), Ultrasound
- This reports is also classified on the basis of available drug class for the treatment of intra-abdominal infection, based on this global intra-abdominal infection market is classified into three major segments as follows: Anaerobic coverage (Metronidazole, Clindamycin, Chloramphenicol), Aerobic coverage (Beta lactums (Cefotaxin, Ceftriaxone, Aztreonam)), (Quinolones (Ciprofloxacine, Livofloxacine)), (Aminoglycosides, Gentamycine, Tobramycine)) and Vancomycines
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for intra-abdominal infection in each of the region.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the global intra-abdominal infection market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Merck & Co., Inc.