also known scientifically as tripotassium citrate or citric acid potassium salt, is a tribasic potassium salt of citric acid. Potassium citrate is produced by a neutralisation and a subsequent crystallization of citric acid with potassium carbonate or potassium bicarbonate. The white crystalline hygroscopic powder formed subsequently is potassium citrate and finds a variety of applications across a diverse set of industries. Potassium citrate is widely used in food and beverage industry forming an important ingredient in bakery products, beverages, dairy products, among others. Apart from this it also finds application in personal care products industry, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals and feed industry. Potassium citrate is often used in other industrial use products such as cleaners and detergents. Potassium citrate market is expected to register steady growth over the forecast period owing to medium demand from the major end-use industries like agriculture and pharmaceuticals however regulation over the usage of the potassium citrate in the developed economies is expected to remain key restraint for the growth of the potassium citrate market during the period of study.
This report identifies the
global potassium citrate market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape and other key aspects with respect to potassium citrate market.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific dominated the potassium citrate market due to higher demand of the potassium citrate in the major end-use industries in the region. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America and Europe as second and third largest consumer of potassium citrate. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly expanding industrial base, increasing demand for the personal care products especially in the major regional economies such as India and China in the region.
This report segments potassium citrate market on the basis of type, application and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of type this report on potassium citrate market is segmented as follows, covering all major material types as follows: Monohydrate, Anhydrous
- On the basis of applications this report on potassium citrate market is segmented as follows, covering all major applications as follows: Food & Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, Industrial
- This report on potassium citrate has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Cargill, Incorporated.
- Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
- American Tartaric Products Inc.
- Gadot Biochemical Industries Ltd
- Foodchem International Corporation