Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) can be defined as a medical procedure generally used prior to implantation in order to identify genetic defects within embryos created through in vitro fertilization and prevent certain diseases or disorders from being passed on to the child. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is a newer treatment procedure and is gaining popularity due to increasing awareness amongst people across the world apart from growing popularity growing popularity developing healthcare infrastructure and growing medical tourism in the developing economies is expected to be the key growth drivers during the period of study. However, higher cost of treatment is expected to be the key challenge in developing countries.
This report identifies the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to preimplantation genetic diagnosis market.
Geographically, North America dominated the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market due to advanced and well developed healthcare infrastructure and higher awareness about such treatments amongst population and practitioners. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing population, rise in medical expenditure in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report segments preimplantation genetic diagnosis market on the basis of technology, product, end user, application and regional market as follows:
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis Market, By Product Type: Instrument and Reagent
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis Market, By Technology: Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), Fluorescence In-situ Hybridization (FISH) and Comparative Genomic Hybridization (CGH)
- The report has focused study on preimplantation genetic diagnosis market by basis of application as follows: HLA Typing, Inheritable Genetic Disorders, Chromosomal Abnormalities, Single Gene Disorders, Gender Identification and Sex Linked Disorders
- The report has focused study on preimplantation genetic diagnosis market by basis of end-user as follows: Hospital, Diagnostic Lab, Research Lab, Academia
- This report on preimplntation genetic diagnosis has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche. Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Genesis Genetics, LLC (U.S.)
- Illumina, Inc. (U.S.)
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (U.S.)