is basically a chemical intermediate used in the production of propionic acid and alkyd resins and is also known as propanol. It is a colorless liquid with a fruity odor and is an organic compound and is an isomer of acetone. Propionaldehyde is highly flammable and very reactive in nature. Propionaldehyde can be easily oxidized or reduced, soluble in diethyl ether and ethanol and is limitedly miscible in water above 15º C. Propionaldehyde is produced by using different manufacturing processes including preparation by treating propyl alcohol with a dichromate oxidizing mixture, synthesis by dry distillation of barium propionate with calcium formate and by hydroformylation. In hydroformylation process, propionaldehyde is produced by combining ethylene and synthesis gas (hydrogen and carbon monoxide) using a metal, especially rhodium, as a catalyst and finds applications in end-user industries such as chemicals, home and personal care and pharmaceuticals. Globally increasing demand from the personal care and fertilizer industry is expected to be the key growth driver for propionaldehyde during the period of study. However, its flammable nature has also resulted into several strict regulations over the storage and transportation is expected to turnout to be major restraints for the growth of this market over the period of study.
This report identifies the global propionaldehyde market
size in for the year 2014-2016 and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape and other key aspects with respect to propionaldehyde market.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific dominated the propionaldehyde market due to higher consumption from end-use industries such as pesticides, fertilizers and personal care. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America and Europe as the second and third consumer of propionaldehyde. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly expanding end-use industrial base and increasing demand for fertilizers and personal care products in the major regional economies such as India and China in the region. This report segments propionaldehyde market on the basis of application and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- This report on propionaldehyde market is segment on the basis of applications covering seven major applications of propionaldehyde as follows: Pharmaceutical products, Plasticizers, Plastics, Lacquers, Flavorings, Rubber chemicals, Cellulose and Others
- This report on propionaldehyde has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Lyondellbasell Industries N.V.
- Exxon Mobil Chemical Company
- JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation