Disruptive Behavior Disorders (DBD) is behavioral disorders characterized by hostile and defiant behaviors that children and adolescents direct towards others. There are various forms of disruptive behavior disorders, two most common forms are Conduct Disorder (CD) and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD). ODD is characterized by hostility, defiant and disobedient behaviors directed towards parents, teachers and others. In CD, person shows persistent and repetitive behaviors, violating the basic rights and causing social disturbances.
Factors contributing to DBD are genetic, physical (imbalances in the brain’s frontal lobe) and environmental components. DBD have effect on Children’s temperament, social skills, and coping mechanisms. Symptoms of DBD are as follows:
- Behavioral symptoms like social isolation, lying, stealing, bullying etc.
- Cognitive symptoms such as difficulty concentrating, frequent frustration, memory impairment etc.
- Psychosocial symptoms include lack of empathy, persistent negativity, irritability etc.
The global disruptive behavior disorders market is being driven by the rise in the number of comorbid disorders, active involvement of NGO and government programs to increase awareness. However, the poor rate of diagnosis and the improper treatments are the restraining factors for the market.
This report provides information on DBD market size for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also focuses on market drivers, challenges, restraints, market dynamics, growth indicators, competitive landscape, potential growth opportunities and other key aspects with respect to DBD market
DBD market is segmented into North America, Europe and Asia Pacific and other countries. In USA CD affects 1-4% of adolescents and ODD is estimated in 10.2% of children. DBD is majorly seen in boys than in girls. Government initiatives, increased awareness, availability of effective treatments are the factors driving the market growth in US and EU. In Asia Pacific region, major drivers are growing population coupled with rising prevalence of behavioral disorders. As per WHO estimates, China constitutes 15 million cases of behavioral disorders.
This report identifies global DBD market on the basis of type and regional market as follows:
- Disruptive behavior disorders market is segmented based on type into Conduct Disorder (CD) and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- A detailed analysis by region – North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW), has been provided in this report
This report looks into all the major companies operating in the DBD market. Some of the major companies’ profiles are as follows:
- Eli Lilly and Co.
- Bionomics Ltd.
- Chelsea Therapeutics, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson