also known as 4-oxopentanoic acid, is an organic compound and is classified as keto acid. Leluvinic acid is a white crystalline solid and is soluble in water, ethanol, and diethyl ether, but is insoluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons. Leluvinic acid is expected to replace petroleum based products, in various sectors such as chemical industry and bio-fuel among others, in the near future. Leluviniv acid is generally produced from brewery waste, biomass and manure among others however commercially levulinic acid can also be produced by acidic hydrolysis of furfuryl alcohol, by hydrolyzing acetyl succinate esters and by ozone based oxidation of ketones. Globally growing automotive industry and replacement of phthalate plasticizers is expected to drive the demand for leluvinic acid during the period of study.
Geographically North America dominated
global levulinic acid market
, due to higher applications of leluvinc acid in the various end-use applications. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market of leluvinic acid. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing growing major end-use industry and increasing number these industry and growing automotive industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end-use industry automotive industry is expected to have the highest market share and is also expected to be the fastest growing industry.
This report identifies the global levulinic acid market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global levulinic acid market.
This report segments global levulinic acid market on the basis of end-use application and regional market as follows:
- Levulinic Acid Market, By end-use application: Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture (Organic potassium fertililizer DALA, 2-Methylindole-3-acetic acid), Food Additive, Cosmetics, Automotive, Packaging
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the levulinic acid market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- GFBiochemicals, Ltd. (Italy)
- Segetis, Inc. (U.S.)
- Heroy Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (China)
- Parchem fine & specialty chemicals (U.S.)
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. (Japan)