Global pharmaceutical manufacturing companies
are facing extensive cost containment pressures, owing to global economic recession, and in addition increasing competition has compelled them to focus more on R&D, outsource manufacturing of drugs to contract manufacturers, and focus on their core business processes. Globally, development of latest and advance technology, rise in the demand for generic drugs, increasing government initiative across the globe, growing costing issues owing to global economic constraints, and increase in demand & supply gap of pharmaceutical products, due to rapidly rising population are the prime growth drivers of global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market. In addition, increase in adoption of pharmaceutical contract manufacturing among pharmaceutical companies, owing to need for cost minimization, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market. However, increasing lead time & logistics costs, and issues in capacity utilization are the key restraints for global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market.
Geographically North America dominated global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market
because of growing demand of generic drugs, increasing government initiative, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population leading to rise in gap between demand and supply of pharmaceutical products, availability of low cost skilled workforce, and favourable government policies, in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the type of contract manufacturing, Final Dosage Form (FDF) has the highest market share in global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market. Solid dose formulation has the majority of share in global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market, owing to its patient compliance, cost effectiveness, and easy availability.
This report identifies the global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market.This report segments global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market on the basis of type, drug type, and regional market as follows:
- Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market, By Type: Advanced Drug Delivery Products, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), OTC Medicines, Nutritional products, Final Dosage Form (FDF), and Packaging Contract Manufacturing
- The report has focused study on pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market by basis of drug type such as: Solid Dose Formulations, Liquid and Semi-Solid Dose Formulations, Injection Dose Formulations
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Jubilant Life Sciences Limited
- Royal DSM N.V.
- HAUPT Pharma AG
- Royal DSM N.V.