is the science of individualizing the drug, by studying of inherited variations in human genes that affect an individual’s reaction to a particular drug. Pharmacogenomics also determine an individual’s vulnerability to certain diseases. Globally, development of efficient and advance technology, rising demand for personalized drugs, growing incidences of several infectious and non-infectious diseases, rise in the awareness among people regarding pharmacogenomics, and increasing government initiative across the globe, are the prime growth drivers of global pharmacogenomics market. In addition, increase in adoption of pharmacogenomics in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global pharmacogenomics market. However, higher cost of the research and development, complex government approval process, and finding the association between a genetic marker and a phenotypic drug response are the key restraints for global pharmacogenomics market.
Geographically North America dominated
global pharmacogenomics market
because of rising demand of personalized medicines, high medical reimbursement facilities, and technological advancement. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and number of R&D centres in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, drug discovery has the highest market share in global pharmacogenomics market.
This report identifies the global pharmacogenomics market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global pharmacogenomics market.
This report segments global pharmacogenomics market on the basis of method, therapeutic application, application, and regional market as follows:
- Pharmacogenomics Market, By Method: Haplotype Analysis, and Multivariate Techniques
- Pharmacogenomics Market, By Therapeutic Application: Cancer, Oncology, and Cardiovascular
- The report has focused study on pharmacogenomics market by basis of application such as: Drug Safety, Tailor Treatments, and Drug Discovery
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies profiled in this Report are:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.