is a sedimentary rock largely consisting of calcium phosphate usually together with other minerals. Globally, rise in demand from downstream industry mainly fertilizers and phosphoric acid, increasing detergent & cleansing agents industry, increasing government initiative for using fertilizers to increase agricultural production across the globe, growing demand from industrial; section, owing to rapid industrialization are the prime growth drivers of global phosphate rock market. In addition, increase in adoption of phosphate rock for application in newer industry vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global phosphate rock market. However, higher cost of sourcing and processing, hazardous health effects, stringent government regulations, and increasing popularity and usage of bio-based fertilizer are the key restraints for global phosphate rock market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global phosphate rock market
and is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing demand for fertilizers and detergent industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, fertilizer segment has the highest market share in global phosphate rock market due to higher usage in agricultural countries. The largest source for phosphate rock is sedimentary and marine deposits. Morocco and Western Sahara constitute approximately 50% of the total global reserves. China, Russia, U.S, Middle East and South Africa are other major holders of phosphate rock reserves.
This report identifies the global phosphate rock market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global phosphate rock market.This report segments global phosphate rock market on the basis of source, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the phosphate rock market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Phosphate Rock Market, By Source: Marine Phosphate Deposits, Igneous Phosphate Deposits, Metamorphic Deposits, Biogenic Deposits, and Weathered Deposits
- The report has focused study on phosphate rock market by basis of application such as: Fertilizers, Feed and Food Additives, Industrial, Chemicals, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Shaw River Manganese Ltd
- Sterling Group Ventures Inc.
- Phosphate Resources Limited
- The Mosaic Company
- MBAC Fertilizer Corp