is a protective coating on the pipe metal surfaces for preventing corrosion and abrasion of pipes. The coating is applied from single layer to triple layer array on pipes below as well as above the ground level. Globally, rising need for smooth transportation of oils and acids, and higher shelf life, growing development of infrastructure, strict government regulations for the environment and health safety (EHS) across the globe, and increasing shale gas development activities in North America are the prime growth drivers of global pipe coating market. In addition, emergence and rising focus on mobile coating technology, increase in adoption of pipe coating for applications in newer industry vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global pipe coating market. However, higher cost of pipe coating, and oversupply situation of crude oil are the key restraints for global pipe coating market.
Geographically North America dominated
global pipe coating market
. There is high reserves of shale oil & gas, and deep-water E&P in the Gulf of Mexico, this has led to increase in production from shale operations and indeed boost in pipeline construction activities in this region. Middle East and Africa (MEA), especially Saudi Arabia, Qatar are rewarding market for pipe coating after North America due to larger production base of petroleum and other liquids. Among all the end-users, oil & gas industry has the highest market share in global pipe coating market due to higher adoption of paper coating because of its properties such as resistance to corrosion, abrasion, and excellent mechanical properties, and due to benefits such as shelf-life of the piping system and reduce replacement cost. Thermoplastics such as PVC, PP, PE, and others are widely used in different applications of pipe coatings.
This report identifies the global pipe coating market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global pipe coating market.
This report segments global pipe coating market on the basis of material type, formulation base type, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Pipe Coating Market, By Material Type: Thermoplastic, Metal, Fusion Bonded Epoxy, Concrete Weight, and Others
- Pipe Coating Market, By Formulation Base Type: Water base coatings, Solvent base coating, and Ultraviolet curable (UV)
- The report has focused study on pipe coating market by basis of end-user such as: Oil & Gas, Industrial, Chemical Processing, Municipal Water Supply, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the pipe coating market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Co.
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Wasco Energy Group of Companies
- Celanese Corporation