Platinum group metals (PGMs)
is a family of metals which includes platinum, rhodium, osmium, ruthenium, palladium and iridium. Globally, growing automobile industry, stringent government regulations regarding carbon emissions, technological advances in nuclear reactor based production, increasing government initiative across the globe, growing demand for fuel cells are the prime growth drivers of global platinum group metals market. In addition, increase in adoption of platinum group metals for applications in newer industry vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global platinum group metals market. However, higher cost of the platinum group metals, limited availability of platinum group metals, and rising popularity of newly developed fine-tuned nanoparticles of cheaper metals are the key restraints for global platinum group metals market.
Geographically Asia Pacifc dominated global platinum group metals market
and is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing population, rise in consumer preference for white metal jewellery items, growing disposable income, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing automobile industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Africa region was the largest producer of the platinum group metals, however mining of these metals has been stopped and some of the marginal mines have closed, owing to safety issues and labour disruptions. Among all the procedures, automobile industry has the highest market share in global platinum group metals market due to higher adoption of platinum group metals as catalyst in catalytic converters in vehicles.
This report identifies the global platinum group metals market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global platinum group metals market.This report segments global platinum group metals market on the basis of metal, production process, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Platinum Group Metals Market, By Metal: Ruthenium, Rhodium, Palladium, Iridium, Platinum, and Osmium
- Platinum Group Metals Market, By Production Process: Primary Production, and Secondary Production
- The report has focused study on platinum group metals market by basis of end-user such as: Automotive, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical and Electronics, Healthcare, and Jewellery
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the platinum group metals market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- North American Palladium Ltd.
- African Rainbow Minerals Ltd.
- JSC MMC Norilsk Nickel
- Anglo American Platinum Ltd.
- Impala Platinum Holding Ltd.