also known as dimethicone, is silicon based organic polymer. It is optically clear, inert, non-flammable, nontoxic and viscous substance. Globally, development of efficient and advance technology, rising demand from industrial lubricants hydraulic fluids, as well as for coating techniques, flourishing cosmetics industry, and advantageous properties of polydimethylsiloxane such as, water repellence, low surface tension, low vapour pressure, oxidation resistance, anti-foaming, heat, resistance, heat stability, good dielectric properties and others are the prime growth drivers of global polydimethylsiloxane market. In addition, increase in adoption of polydimethylsiloxane for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global polydimethylsiloxane market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and demerits of being non-bio degradable material are the key restraints for global polydimethylsiloxane market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global polydimethylsiloxane market,
followed by North America. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in industrial sector, and growing pharmaceutical, and personal care applications in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, cosmetics and personal care has the highest market share in global polydimethylsiloxane market. Higher molecular weight polydimethylsiloxane is the market leader among all types of polydimethylsiloxane, owing to its better performance and environment friendly properties.
This report identifies the global polydimethylsiloxane market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global polydimethylsiloxane market.This report segments global polydimethylsiloxane market on the basis of type, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the polydimethylsiloxane market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Polydimethylsiloxane Market, By Type: Lower Molecular weight Polydimethylsiloxane, Higher Molecular Weight Polydimethylsiloxane, Ultra High Molecular Weight Polydimethylsiloxane
- The report has focused study on polydimethylsiloxane market by basis of application such as: Lubricants and Greases, Surfactants and Antifoaming Agents, Healthcare, Cosmetic and Personal Care, Food & Beverages, Contact Lens, Silly putty, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Hubei Xin Sihai Chemical Co.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co.
- Alfa Aesar GmbH & Co. KG
- Jinan Haohua Industry Co. Ltd.
- TCI Tokyo Chemical Industry Co.