is a high viscous, high thermal resistance non-oxidizing and hydrophobic jelly or semisolid lubricant derived from minerals, soap or bio-based materials with added chemicals which are useful to machinery that can only be lubricated rarely and wherever lubricating oil would not dwell in position such as heavy loaded sliding and rolling motion found in marine application. Marine grease also acts as sealants to avoid entrance of water. Globally growing trade and tourism through waterways is expected to drive the demand for marine grease during the period of study.
Geographically Europe dominated
global marine grease market
, due to its higher dependency on the marine ways for trade and other purpose. Europe was followed by North America and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for marine grease. With strong economic growth and growing trade through waterways the marine grease market in Asia Pacific is growing at high pace and expected to grow further during forecasted period. The bio-based or vegetable oil and mineral based marine grease segments are expected to experience the highest growth rate in Europe and North America due to the government regulatory involved with aquatic environment in these region.
This report identifies the global marine grease market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global marine grease market.
This report segments global marine grease market on the basis of applications, raw materials and regional market as follows:
- Marine Grease Market, By Raw Material: Soap based marine grease, Mineral based marine grease, Bio-based or vegetable oil based marine grease
- Marine Grease Market, By Application: winches, seacock, deck gear, blocks, bearings, wire rope protection, folding propellers and others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the marine grease market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- QUEPET Lubricants
- Gulf Marine and Industrial Supplies Inc.
- JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd
- IKO Marine Lubricant Supply Co. Ltd,