Musculoskeletal diseases are increasing globally due to the increase pressure in workplaces, improper postures, and poor fitness and health habits. The global musculoskeletal diseases Market is valued at $57.4 billion mark in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 5.5% during 2018 to 2023. By treatment Biological treatment for musculoskeletal diseases held a major share of more than 46% and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2018-2023.
What is musculoskeletal disease?
Musculoskeletal diseases are injuries and disorders which affect the human body’s movement of musculoskeletal system such as muscles, ligaments, nerves, tendons, cartilage, and spinal disc. Some of common musculoskeletal diseases include myasthenia gravis, osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, back pain, osteoporosis, and systemic lupus erythematous.
The causes of musculoskeletal pain are various such as Muscle tissue can be damaged with the wear and tear of daily activities. Strain of human body parts during sprains, auto accidents, falls, jerking movements, fractures, dislocations, and direct blows to the muscle also cause musculoskeletal pain.
Market Research and Market Trends of Musculoskeletal diseases
- Educating employees about pain and how to manage it, providing rapid access to physical therapy, and emphasizing primary care and evidence based treatments like rest, ice, compression and elevation can improve productivity, and speed recovery will save costs related with unnecessary diagnostic surgeries and images.
- The EOS 2D/3D imaging system is an emerging technology with potentially important clinical benefits. Current evidence shows some patient benefits for people with spinal deformities in terms of increased throughput and radiation dose reduction.
- Road traffic accidents and crashes have been identified as one of the major causes of serious musculoskeletal injuries. Also, they are one of the main causes of years lived with disability in major economies and all continents.
- The European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) proposes a series of preventive actions that consists of drawing up ergonomic solutions to decrease risk factors which comprises of the proper use of work tools and ergonomic design, ergonomic layout of the workstations and the physical work environment, optimized manufacturing configuration, appropriate product design, ergonomic pattern of the activity implying alternation of repetitive and non-repetitive tasks for employee awareness.
Who are the Major Players in Musculoskeletal diseases market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Zimmer Biomet holdings, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Medtronic, Wright Medical group.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.