is a type of polyol,s having two or more hydroxyl group attached to the terminal groups. Polyether polyols contains ether chain and manufactured from cyclic ethers or epoxides, through catalytic addition reaction. Globally, development of efficient and advance technology, rising demand from polyurethane industry increasing demand from industrial lubricant, flourishing automotive industry, aggregating demand for flexible foam, and growing demand from infrastructure industry are the prime growth drivers of global polyether polyols market. In addition, emergence of bio based polyether polyols and its raising popularity, increase in adoption of polyether polyols for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global polyether polyols market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and risk of health hazards are the key restraints for global polyether polyols market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global polyether polyols market
, followed by Europe, because of higher demand for polyols in China especially from the construction industry. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in infrastructure industry, and growing demand for flexible foams bedding, furniture, and carpets interlay in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, flexible foam segment has the highest market share in global polyether polyols market due to rise in demand from home textiles and in automotive industry. Flexible Polyether Polyols is the market leader among all types of polyether polyols, owing to its better performance and environment friendly properties.
This report identifies the global polyether polyols market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global polyether polyols market.This report segments global polyether polyols market on the basis of cell structure, application, and regional market as follows:
- Polyether Polyols Market, By Cell Structure: Flexible Polyether Polyols, Rigid Polyether Polyols, and Specialty Polyether Polyols
- The report has focused study on polyether polyols market by basis of application such as: Coatings, Flexible Foams, Rigid Foams, Adhesives & Sealants, Synthetic Lubricants, Elastomers, Surface Active Agents, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the polyether polyols market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Expanded Polymer Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Bayer Material Science AG
- Perstorp Holdings Ab