Polyethylene is chemically synthesized from ethylene and is used on a daily basis. As polyethylene is the most common plastic which can be melted into a liquid state and easily remoulded. It is used in a variety of products like plastic bags, plastic containers, plastic films, and others. Globally, development of efficient and advance technology, rising demand for packaging bottles, polyethylene tubing, and polyethylene sheets, flourishing automotive industry, and growing global population are the prime growth drivers of global polyethylene market. In addition, increase in adoption of polyethylene for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global polyethylene market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and harmful effects to the environment are the key restraints for global polyethylene market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global polyethylene market, followed by North America. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in industrial sector, increasing population and growing packaging industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, packaging has the highest market share in global polyethylene market due to spur in global population, and increase in disposable income. Linear Low Density Polyethylene is the market leader among all types of polyethylene.
This report identifies the global
polyethylene market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global polyethylene market.
This report segments global polyethylene market on the basis of product, application, and regional market as follows:
- Polyethylene Market, By Product: High Density Polyethylene, Linear Low Density Polyethylene, and Low Density Polyethylene
- The report has focused study on polyethylene market by basis of application such as: Packaging, Consumer Goods, Construction, and Other
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the polyethylene market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
- Dow Chemical Company
- DuPont (EI) de Nemours Eni SpA