Polysulfides are chemical compounds that primarily comprise chains of sulfur atoms. It is derived by treatment of a solution of sulphide, with elemental sulphur. It is also available in the form of metallic salts such as sodium hydrosulfide and sodium sulphide. Globally, rising demand from aerospace, building and construction, and rubber processing, growing marine and piping industries, flourishing automotive industry, and advantageous properties of polysulfides such as, impermeability, high flexibility, chemical and weather resistance, high tensile strength, and heat insulation are the prime growth drivers of global polysulfides market. In addition, increase in adoption of polysulfides for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global polysulfides market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, and stringent government regulations regarding VOC emissions of sulphur compounds are the key restraints for global polysulfides market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global polysulfides market, followed by Europe. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in industrial sector, and growing marine industry, and increasing infrastructural activities in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, building and construction segment has the highest market share in global polysulfides market due to higher consumption of construction chemicals such as coatings, adhesives, and sealants. Anionic polysulfides is the market leader among all types of polysulfides, owing to its better performance and environment friendly properties.
This report identifies the global
polysulfides market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global polysulfides market.
This report segments global polysulfides market on the basis of type, application, and regional market as follows:
- Polysulfides Market, By Type: Anionic Polysulfides, and Organic Polysulfides
- The report has focused study on polysulfides market by basis of application such as: Building & Construction, Marine, Aerospace, Glass Insulation, Polymer Processing Industries, Piping, Industrial, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the polysulfides market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The DOW Chemical Company
- PPG Industries Inc.
- JSC Kazan Synthetic Rubber Plant
- Hodgson Sealants (Holdings) Ltd
- Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.