are highly reactive chemicals containing functional group isocyanate and are produced by treating amines with phosgene. The reaction between isocyanates and alcohol produces polyurethane polymers which are extensively used in various end-use industries. Globally, rising demand from demand from construction and automotive industries, growing polyurethane consumption in various consumer and industrial applications, flourishing pharmaceuticals industry, and advantageous properties of isocyanates are the prime growth drivers of global isocyanates market. In addition, increase in adoption of isocyanates for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global isocyanates market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and highly toxic and hazardous nature as compared to conventional mineral oils are the key restraints for global isocyanates market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated
global isocyanates market
, followed by North America. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in industrial sector, development of construction activities, and growing pharmaceutical and electronics applications in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, rigid foam segment has the highest market share in global isocyanates market. Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI) is the market leader among all types of isocyanates, owing to its higher usage in refrigerators, freezers and for manufacturing seats & vehicle interiors.
This report identifies the global isocyanates market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global isocyanates market.
This report segments global isocyanates market on the basis of type, application, and regional market as follows:
- Isocyanates Market, By Type: Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI), Toluene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (TDI), and Aliphatic Isocyanates
- The report has focused study on isocyanates market by basis of application such as: Rigid Foam, Flexible Foam, Paints & Coatings, Adhesive & Sealants, and Elastomers & Binders
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the isocyanates market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Hebei Cangzhou Dahua Group Co. Ltd.
- Yantai Wanhua Polyurethanes Co. Ltd.
- Kumho Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
- Bayer Materialscience Ag
- The Dow Chemical Company