is an unwanted process that can occur during combustion in internal combustion engines. Iso-octane is used to increase the knock resistance of the fuel. Iso-octane also known as 2, 2, 4-trimethylpentane is produced by distillation of petroleum in the petroleum industry. Globally, development of efficient and advance technology, rising demand from industrial fuel, flourishing automotive industry, stringnet government emission norms, and advantageous properties of iso-octane are the prime growth drivers of global iso-octane market. In addition, increase in adoption of iso-octane for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global iso-octane market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and complex government approval processes as compared to conventional mineral oils are the key restraints for global iso-octane market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global iso-octane market
, with China having the leading share. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in industrial sector, growing population and changing lifestyles of consumers and growing pharmaceutical, and personal care applications in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. In North America, the market for iso-octane is growing due to rising demand from lubricants. In Europe, Germany and the UK were the major consumers of iso-octane in this region.
This report identifies the global iso-octane market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global iso-octane market.This report segments global iso-octane market on the basis of end-user, and regional market as follows:
- The report has focused study on iso-octane market by basis of end-user such as: Automotive, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Mining, Energy and Power Generation, Chemical, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the iso-octane market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Puyang Zhongwei Fine Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Huntsman International Llc