Isoprenol also known as 3-methyl-3-butene-1-oil is a light yellow to colourless alcohol substrate, industrially produced as an intermediate to prenol (3-methylbut-3-en-1-ol). It is produced by the chemical concentration of isobutene and formaldehyde, leading to isoprenol further isomerised into prenol. Isoprenol is mainly used as a building block for aromatic chemicals and for pharmaceutical active ingredients. Isoprenol also finds use in production of dyes, solvents and paints.
Globally, rising demand for aromatic chemicals for use in perfumes, growing pharmaceutical industry, expanding paints and coatings industry, developing construction industry, higher usage of isoprenol in the synthesis of polymers coupled with growing chemical industry and agrochemical, and advantages such as low dosage, durability and high water reduction. Increasing adoption of isoprenol in newer industrial based application, and emerging markets such as China, India and others, will create greater opportunities for global isoprenol market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and stringent government regulations are the key restraints for global isoprenol market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global isoprenol market, followed by North America. China is the main market in Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing chemical industry, rise in construction activities, and growing pharmaceutical, and personal care applications in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, pharmaceutical segment has the highest market share in global isoprenol market.
This report identifies the global isoprenol market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2023. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, region wise outlook growth indicators, challenges, market trends and other key aspects with respect to global isoprenol market.
This report segments global isoprenol market on the basis of application and regional market as follows:
- The report has focused study on isoprenol market by value chain analysis of application such as: Agrochemicals, Aroma chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Polymers, and Others.
- This report has been further segmented into foremost regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region for the forecast period 2018-2023.
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the isoprenol market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Kuraray Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing chemical material corporation
- Guangzhou Chen Yu Chemicals Co., Ltd
- Triveni Interchem Pvt. Ltd.
- Jilin Zhongxin Chemical Group