A medical dressing
can be defines as a sterile pad or compress applied by medical services or individuals on a wound to fasten the natural procedure of healing and protect the wound from getting infected or prevent further harm. Such medical dressings are designed to be in direct contact with the wound, as distinguished from a bandage, which is most often used to hold a dressing in place. Globally increasing awareness and advancement in the medical practices is expected to drive the demand for medical dressing during the period of study.
Geographically North America dominated medical dressings market
driven by best in the class healthcare infrastructure, advanced facilities, quick response by emergency services, higher awareness and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for medical dressings market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing healthcare infrastructure, increased spending, government initiatives and increasing awareness amongst population, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report identifies the global medical dressings market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global medical dressings market.This report segments medical dressings market on the basis of type, applications, end-users and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the medical dressings market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Medical Dressings Market, By Type: Advanced Wound Dressings (Foam Dressings, Hydrocolloids, Hydrofiber, Film Dressings, Alginates, Collagen Dressings, Hydrogels Dressings Wound Contact Layers), Traditional Wound Dressings (Surgical Tapes, Anti-Infective Dressings and Dry Dressings)
- Medical Dressings Market, By Application: Surgical Wounds, Ulcers(Diabetic foot ulcers, venous ulcers, pressure ulcers), Burns, other
- Medical Dressings Market, By End-User: Inpatient Facilities, Outpatient Facilities
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Acelity L.P., Inc.
- Smith and Nephew PLC
- Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp.
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Convatec, Inc.