A medical dressing can be defined as a sterile pad or compress applied by medical services or individuals applying first aid on a wound to fasten the natural procedure of healing and protect the wound from getting infected or prevent further harm. It is very essential in any first aid box. It is made to be in straight contact with the wound and is different from a bandage or gauze, which is mostly used to hold a dressing in place. Globally increasing awareness and advancement in the medical practices and surge in the volume of surgeries is expected to drive the demand for medical dressing during the period of study. So effective wound care is an essential requirement and advanced medical dressing replacing traditional medical dressing (bandage, gauze, and tape) is an aid towards its fulfillment and market demand.
Wound dressing is majorly required in the cases of burning and certain types of ulcers which is expected to grow and boost up the market value and its worth for medical dressing market. As per WHO 180 000 deaths are the consequences of burn cases each year and medical dressing is required to cure infected wound in similar cases.
Geographically North America dominated medical dressings market driven by best in the class healthcare infrastructure, advanced facilities, quick response by emergency services, higher awareness and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for medical dressings market and is expected to dominate the market share according to forecast year. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing healthcare infrastructure, increased spending, government initiatives and increasing awareness amongst population, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Apparently wound dressing is required for the well-being of patients globally.
This report identifies the global medical dressing’s market size and provides an outlook for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights and provides an analysis on the market drivers, trends, market revenue, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global medical dressings market and forecast growth also.
This report segments medical dressings market on the basis of type, applications, end-users and regional market as follows:
- Medical Dressings Market, By Type: Advanced Wound Dressings (Foam Dressings, Hydrocolloids, Hydrofiber, Film Dressings, Alginates, Collagen Dressings, Hydrogels Dressings Wound Contact Layers), Traditional Wound Dressings (Surgical Tapes, Anti-Infective Dressings and Dry Dressings)
- Medical Dressings Market, By Application: Surgical Wounds, Ulcers(Diabetic foot ulcers, venous ulcers, pressure ulcers), Burns, other
- Medical Dressings Market, By End-User: Inpatient Facilities, Outpatient Facilities
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the medical dressings market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Acelity L.P., Inc.
- Smith and Nephew PLC
- Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp.
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Convatec, Inc.