Medical imaging is the part of healthcare practices across the globe which uses the latest technological advancements, software and latest equipment in order to generate graphical representations of the interior of a body for diagnosis, clinical analysis and medical intervention. This medical software is of great aid for visual representation of the function of some organs or tissues. Devices installed with medical imaging software supports in the diagnosis of cancer and tumor as well. Practitioners seek medical imaging to see and reveal the internal structures or organs of the human body concealed by the skin and bones, and also to diagnose and treat diseases. Prevalence of chronic diseases can be attributed as a factor involved in the growth of the medical imaging software market.
Software used along with the latest equipment are formally known as imaging software or medical imaging software. Globally increasing penetration of the technology in the medical practices is expected to drive the demand for medical imaging software during the period of study. Adding to it, progress in the sector of imaging technology is expected to propel market growth of medical image analysis software. Also computer aided diagnosis provides huge opportunities for the implementation of latest and advanced medical image software tools. Certain medical software is used to store and transmit patient data digitally. The Digital Imaging and Communication in Medicine (DICOM) Standard is worldwide used to store, exchange, and transmit medical images.
Geographically, North America dominated the market in terms of revenue, medical imaging software market driven by best in the class healthcare infrastructure, advanced facilities, higher awareness, higher technological penetration and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America is followed by Europe. Asia-Pacific is third largest market for medical imaging software market. It is projected to have the fastest growth and contribute to the global market share owing to rapidly increasing healthcare infrastructure, increased spending, government initiatives and increasing awareness amongst population, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Accelerating adoption of ultrasound imaging systems to facilitate speedy diagnostics mostly of chronic diseases is anticipated via analytical forecast to bolster market size also adding to its worth.
This report identifies the global medical imaging software market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for the year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, challenges, growth indicators, latest industry trends, value chains, prices modulations, and other key aspects with respect to global medical imaging software market and provides an outlook for the same and various other aspects relevant to it.
This report segments medical imaging software market on the basis of software type, modality, imaging type, application, end-users and regional market as follows:
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Software Type: Integrated Software, Standalone Software
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Imaging Type: 2 Dimensional (2D), 3 Dimensional (3D), 4 Dimensional (4D),
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Modality: Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Single-Photon Emission Tomography (SPECT), ultrasound imaging , Radiographic Imaging, Combined Modalities
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Application: Orthopedic Applications, Dental Applications, Neurology, Cardiology Applications, Radiology Applications, Oncology Applications, Obstetrics and Gynecology Applications, Mammography Applications, Urology and Nephrology Applications
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By End-User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres, Research Centres
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the medical imaging software market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
- Carestream Health, Inc.