is the branch of the healthcare practices across the world which uses the latest technologies, software and advanced equipments in order to creating visual representations of the interior of a body for the diagnosis, clinical analysis and medical intervention, as well as visual representation of the function of some organs or tissues. Medical imaging helps practitioners to see and reveal internal structures or organs of the human body hidden by the skin and bones, as well as to diagnose and treat diseases. Software used along with the latest equipments are formally known as imaging software or medical imaging software. Globally increasing penetration of the technology in the medical practices is expected to drive the demand for medical imaging software during the period of study.
Geographically North America dominated medical imaging software market
driven by best in the class healthcare infrastructure, advanced facilities, higher awareness, higher technological penetration and higher spending by the citizens towards healthcare expenditure. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for medical imaging software market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing healthcare infrastructure, increased spending, government initiatives and increasing awareness amongst population, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region.
This report identifies the global medical imaging software market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global medical imaging software market.
This report segments medical imaging software market on the basis of software type, modality, imaging type, application, end-users and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the medical imaging software market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Software Type: Integrated Software, Standalone Software
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Imaging Type: 2 Dimensional (2D), 3 Dimensional (3D), 4 Dimensional (4D),
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Modality: Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Single-Photon Emission Tomography (SPECT), Ultrasound Imaging, Radiographic Imaging, Combined Modalities
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By Application: Orthopedic Applications, Dental Applications, Neurology, Cardiology Applications, Oncology Applications, Obstetrics and Gynecology Applications, Mammography Applications, Urology and Nephrology Applications
- Medical Imaging Software Market, By End-User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres, Research Centres
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
- Carestream Health, Inc.